"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Monday, February 11, 2013

BaD (Block a Day) Challenge & some embroidery...

The BaD challenge (see my sidebar) updates
will take place each Monday, so here we go with ...
7 new stars since last week
(they're not attached together, yet)
Not quite sure, about using the same fabric around all
stars (got enough fabric), yet I'm very tempted.
I like the effect of the little stars "popping out" the background
What do you think ??

To mark these cuties on fabric, I'm using my favourite window templates

they are metallic, with an anti-slid layer on the reverse side and they really work like a breeze...
Available in all shapes & sizes, as single shapes or multi shapes kits, their price is quite reasonable, the service is perfect and I would really recommend them to anyone loving handpiecing.
(no personnal interest, I just think it's important to give credit when deserved)

***

I also managed to start some embroidery on my
"Ladies Garden Club" quilt top,
using DMC variegated floss and I'm quite happy
with the result, so far...


****

More has been done (yup, I'm on a roll, for the moment)
but that will be for next post....

;>)
Enjoy your sewing, my friends !


11 comments:

  1. Lovely projects, Nadine. Good luck with your block a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars are wonderful Nadine. It's been a long time, I've enjoyed catching up with all that you've been doing. I recently saw some beautiful star quilts from a block a day over at Somerset quilting. They posted at then end of last year some gorgeous quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to give you the link to copy and paste.
    http://karenatsomerset.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nadine,
    Isn't patchwork just amazing. What sort of patterns and creations are out there and how they all started!! I love your hexie's and the embroidery on your ladies garden work is pretty nice. Love to see it when you finish.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful progress Nadine and I do quite like the same background... I'm sure I'd also like them if they were different too.

    I was wondering... if you're marking straight onto fabric... does this mean no paper piecing? ..just stitching? Yeah! :)
    I'll be making some of these stars for my new quilt in the making.

    Loving our challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful little stars!!! And I would also be tempted to use the same background; they really do "pop-up"!!!
    Good to hear you are "on a roll"!!!
    Love to see more of that gorgeous Ladie Garden Club-!
    Love, xxxx, Ria.
    p.s. this BaD Challenge ( ;) ) is really so much FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little stars Nadine!!! Love the background colour you've used!! Yep, I could fall for the pop-up part of this quilt!! Keep on being a BAD girl!! XXXD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work Nadine, I really like the background fabric too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work.
    I love your stars.

    Greetings from Germany,
    Grit

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your stars, Nadine! Very pretty blocks. xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !