"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wednesday Baskets... and a challenge.

Hello, my friends

Nine little baskets were added to the pile, since last week.
Not too bad, and I still have so much fun, piecing them together...

But what's in that lovely box ??

Lots of diamonds , cut and traced, in order to piece
six-pointed stars together !

Aren't these lovely ?
Inspired by my Dutch friend RIA I started this,
knowing that I'd need LOTS of blocks,
I just love those portable, long-term projects, and I really
don't care about how long it takes to finish.

"It's not the destination, rather the journey"

Then I discovered that ROBYN ("Daisy Quilts")
is starting a fun one-block-a-day challenge for 2013, (you choose your own block)
which is exactly what I need :
quiet piecing, at my own pace, together with other quilting friends,
knowing that my pile will grow, at least 1 block a day...

Interested ?
Just click on Robyn's button, on my sidebar,
and leave her a message, she's such a sweet.
..........

So now my big basket is standing on the table,
with daily stars - and baskets - ready for handpiecing...
30 minutes a day, that's all it takes !


******
Enjoy your sewing, my friends !
;>)




9 comments:

  1. Hi dear Nadine,
    What a great idea to put such a lovely basket on the table!!!!
    I'm sure to follow your idea...., so it's within reach while I'm having a cup of coffee or tea..
    :))
    Such fun to join eachother on this challenge!!!

    Love it!!!!!
    Have fun!!!
    Big hug, Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tout cela, les petits paniers et les étoiles, est bien tentant...comme toi, j'aime de plus en plus ce genre de projet..peu de préparation, un bloc assez vite terminé, à coudre à la main... je délaisse de plus en plus la machine, je trouve que c'est tellement plus relax à la main, même si c'est plus long... au fait, tes losanges font quelle taille ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your long term projects. It's nice to know that there are still people who enjoy the journey and don't worry about how long it takes to complete a work of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My slow long-term hand project is the GFG that I started nine years ago. Once I got all the flower blocks made I really slowed down in joining them with the path. I haven't picked it up in months and at this rate it will never be a quilt. Some days I wonder what was I thinking in beginning such a tedious project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pieces! Happy sewing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nadine,
    Will you be able to stop yourself after 30 minutes? I couldn't. lol! I can't wait to see your baskets all together. I love your pincushion in your basket, very pretty.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little baskets are so gorgeous my friend!
    ..and your little basket of goodies on your table looks so inviting... :)
    I love that your little stars are finishing with a hexagon shape... that's going to be so pretty xx
    Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nadine,

    I had never read the poem by MA before but it seems so comforting. I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your baskets, etc. I too suffer from depression and have for many years. I am trying as you to quilt to dispel the depression somewhat. I truly admire you for all that you do and who you seem to be. Keep blogging please.

    Thank You,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !