"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Celebrating the Season with a finish...

Started in August 2011,
here's my version of Bronwyn Hayes "Wish Quilt"
(hand-pieced & hand-embroidered)

I just sandwiched the quilt top yesterday evening, and have now started the hand-quilting.

The original pattern was totally red and white,
but I used some green fabrics, as well...

and also put in some additional appliques,
such as ...

holly leaves, cardinal birds, a big snowman button...


tiny stars...

and pine trees .

There may be some little "uggly ducks", here and there,
but that's me and I made it with all my heart,
the cherry on the (Xmas) cake being that my
youngest daughter came for lunch yesterday,
and immediately begged it for her home...

Yessssssss......

ENJOY THE SEASON, MY FRIENDS !

;>) 


12 comments:

  1. What a lovely christmasquilt! Enjoy your handquilting ! :)
    Love, Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! You used a wide variety of reds and greens - I love that! Wonderful to add your own touches. I can understand why your daughter begged for it. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadine,

    What a lovely quilt and so much work you have put into it! A great finish for you - way to go!

    Have a lovely holiday season - I hope you are able to spend some wonderful time with your family.

    God bless you -

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comgratulations.It`s just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nadine, how are you doing? Your wish-quilt looks so great!! I really love the touch of green you used and also the background fabric with the dots like snowflakes you used.
    Een hele fijne tijd gewenst deze kerstmaand voor jou en je familie. Toch maar wat nederlands erbij zoals je ziet. :-))))
    hugs, Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Wish quilt is so beautiful! I haven't even started yet!! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is absolutely gorgeous!!!! You should enter it in a contest somewhere. You would get first prize no hands down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!
    Congratulations, Nadine, it is sooo beautiful!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. j'adore, il est vraiment magnifique, bravoooo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fabulous! You did nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your lovely quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !