"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ups and Downs...

September brought some sad moments to our family,
as our dear "Nonna" (my mother-in-law)
passed away, after having suffered from Alzeihmer for 10 years
...
She was a very courageous, simple woman,
who emigrated from Italy to Belgium in 1955.
I will always remember how she heartfully welcomed me, as a daughter,
how she celebrated the little daily  joys of life,
her genius in domestic economics,
and the way she kept her family all together with her wonderful cooking.
With her, I learned what the word Family really means,
which is such a precious legacy...

Rest in peace, dear Mamma.


8 comments:

  1. Ach, wat een triest bericht. De laatste 10 jaar al steeds een stukje kwijt geraakt, en nu dan helemaal afscheid moeten nemen. Veel sterkte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je pense bien à toi et ta famille...bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate well to that. When I married, I got a mother I had always wanted, who loved me unconditionally and encouraged me in all things. She lives on in me and my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like your MIL was a wonderful women.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Nadine, I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a hug please. Sometimes life is long. You were fortunate to get such a lovely mother in law!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nadine, This is such sad news. I know you will miss her very much. Sending you hugs and comforting thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nadine, I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful woman and you were fortunate to have each other. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !