"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Monday, January 23, 2012

UPDATE 2

Although fighting a bad cold (flu?) since last week,
I'm trying to focus on some progress with my projects,
sitting in front of the wood fire,
drinking hot chicken broth (yum!),
and watching some Jane Austen DVD's...
Hey, not so bad, after all !
;>)

As I told you before, one of my 2012 projects is
"A Gardener's Journal Quilt"
and I managed to piece Block N° 1.


There are 9 blocks in total, and I'm aiming
to piece them all (without joining them together),
so that I can bring them with me to Spain, and do all
the stitcheries, while there.
(We're leaving by end of April, until November)

Here are the fabrics I chose for the borders,
as well as the DMC embroidery threads.
I like preparing every project, using lovely boxes.
This helps me staying organized...

Crochet is also giving me so much fun,
and I added a 3rd row to my
"Gipsy Blanket"
 (taking a full picture is difficult because it's wide)
There are 13 squares width, and I'm planning to make 16 rows in total
(+borders)

Other projects (including 1, maybe 2 Ufo's )
are still simmering in my mind, but I'm not hurrying,
enjoying every stitch.
Tomorrow is another day...
;>)

Enjoy your sewing, my friends !

13 comments:

  1. Hi Nadine, such good plans for your vacation to Spain!!! Just love them!!
    And the crochet-squares are just gorgeous!!!
    Xoxoxoxoxo; enjoy your planning!!
    Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, I want that too. Well, not the flu!, but the Jane Austen DVD's. Your organized, I like that. Almost presents for yourself, to play with ;-)
    I hope you feel better soon, and enjoy preparing for lots of great projects for spain.
    Where do you go in spain? I have a brother living in spain with his family. Not far from Benidorm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Nadine, wat vervelend dat je de griep te pakken hebt! Maar wanneer je er niet téveel last van hebt, klinkt het ook wel weer lekker om zo op de bank te hangen en een mooie dvd te kijken. ;-)
    Hopelijk ben je toch snel weer helemaal opgeknapt hoor. Heel veel beterschap gewenst!!
    En wat lees ik nu?? Jullie gaan weer lekker naar Spanje? Het was zeker heel erg goed bevallen en dat kan ik me erg goed voorstellen hoor! ;-)
    Je haakwerk wordt trouwens schitterend.
    Veel liefs, Jolanda XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're recovering from that nasty flu, feel better soon.
    You have some wonderful things on the go, Stitching is so relaxing and the crochet looks really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That nasty flu has been running around here as well. I love those blocks you are making. That looks like it will be a fun project to keep you out of mischief. The crocheting is going nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nadine, I love your Gypsy blanket - it looks amazing! Your Gardeners Journal blocks will keep you busy and please look after yourself and get rid of that cold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I've been here before! I love the Gardener's project and your colors are wonderful. You're sure to have that finished when you come home again. I thought you meant you *wintered* in Spain! Your day sounds wonderful - all except the flu part!

    desertskyquilts.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nadine - Your Gardeners project is great. I love the colors you are using and the organization of the floss and such. A girl after my own heart. Just wanted to tell you that I lived in Brussells for 7 years while my father was stationed at NATO and then we transferred to Greece. But I will tell you that I alsolutely LOVED Belgium and have been back once but would love going back again. Of course I was just in school (5th thru 11th grade) and sewing and quilting was not on my list of priorities. But I loved the country and the surrounding countries as well. I envy you for living there.

    Brenda T
    tlbrenda@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! Are you going by truck to Spain?? Room enough for all your projects hihi!! BTW love the perseverance thing!! Can't believe how much you have done on the Gardeners project! XXXD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hallo Nadine!

    Wat leuk om te zien dat je zo goed gaat met je deken! Hij wordt echt prachtig!! enne...waarom niet naar Turkije ipv Spanje!? groetjes Ria!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Gypsy blanket looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new look! And realy love the projects, can't wait to stitch together in Spain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon! I lost you for a while! Your newest projects are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !