"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Monday, January 9, 2012

JANUARY 2012 - UPDATE 1

Well, the festivities are all behind us,
Xmas decorations have been put back to sleep,
A gooooood rest was taken, as well...
New year, new projects  !
;>)
Here are  my humble beginnings :
AaaaaHem !  Tadaaaaa
"Japanese Boxes"
From Quiltmania nr 81
(handpiecing)
A very simple, yet effective pattern,
giving me the opportunity of using all those Japanese
fabrics from my collection.
(The picture doesn't show the right color for
the upper triangles border, which are rusty red).
I'm planning to handpiece one row a week...

Aaaaah, crochet !
You might remember this recent post  of mine (clic),
about those delightful Turkish yarns...
Well, I finally started my "Gipsy Blanket", as I'm calling it,
and I can tell you it's pure blisssssss !
I'm planning one row a week for this one, as well,
for a total of 17 rows...

Another wonderful project (clic)
is on my working table, and I'm now busy
transferring the cute stitcheries on a beige background...

Of course, I won't let down some of my UFO's
(including handquilting),
and I will tell you more as I go, I promise.

I also chose my  focus word for 2012 :

- P E R S E V E R A N C E -

Until next week,
Enjoy your sewing my friends !
;>)

GRATITUDES :
*************
- Days are slowly getting longer...
- Some pheasants looking for food in the field, early this morning...
- Two of my kids coming for supper, tonight...
- Coffee brewing in the kitchen for a nice cuppa'...

4 comments:

  1. Like the Japanese boxes! very pretty, I love quilts with depth in it.
    About you gratitudes; I was walking Rover at lunchtime, and the birds where singing there hearts out. sounded a lot like spring, and got me all happy!..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects each one. Hope you have a happy and productive new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice post! Happy Thursday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boxes make such an interesting perspective. I like the colors you're using, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !