"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

HAPPY - HAPPPY - HAPPPPY ME ! ;>)

Ooooh, My oh My !
It was still dark outside, when the mailman knocked my window,
with a big package coming from Nicosia - Cyprus !
I can't tell you how excited I was,
discovering this lovely big box...

Hmmmm.... what could be inside ???
OMG, a quilt !
A wonderful quilt for me, myself, moi !
Look at this beauty and those gorgeous colors....

And who could have had this fabulous idea,
of mixing precious Den Haan&Wagenmakers fabrics
with polka dots, plus those we frantically collected
together, when in Provence ?
VALI, of course !
My dear, dear friend, Vali....

Here's a close-up
Each and every fabric is a new discovery,
bringing back such swet memories and perfumes :
lavender, blue sky, grapes, raspberries, tomatoes....
and all those laughters & giggles.
It really is a story quilt and you can imagine
how I'm gonna cherish this beauty.
(I can't show you the backing, (+ handquilting!) 
just know that Vali chose a very special, warm flannel,
 in order to keep me warm in this cold,  rainy country of  mine.
;>)
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, dear sissie!

Really, I tell you my friends,
turning 60 is absolutely won-der-ful !


ENJOY YOUR SEWING,
ENJOY THE SEASON,
ENJOY LIFE !


13 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!

    Happy Birthday!

    XoXo
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's your birthday Nadine? Happy birthday to you!!!!
    What a gorgeous gift your friend send you. I can imagine you are going to cherish this gift for ever. ;-)
    Have a very very lovely day and I will mail you soon. ;-)))
    hugsssss, Jolanda ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Nadine!! And what a wonderful gift!! Vali is a real dear friend!!
    Keep warm under it and enjoy december!! Is your Birthday today? (did I miss it??)
    Love to you! XXXXX, Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super dooper beautiful quilt from a special friend! It kind of takes the edge off of getting older. Many Happy returns of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy it, my friend
    You deserve this and so much more,
    Happy Birthday!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just checking in and see it's your birthday!!Congratulations!! But why that box from Turkey doesn't get there??!! Have a nice evening!

    greetings Ria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! And what a great present to celebrate a great year! I hope you keep the child in you alive, it will keep you young... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday dear Nadine!! Wow what a sensational quilt Vali sent you, it's very special and you're sure to have nice dreams sleeping under it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW that is an awesome gift. I'd say you have a great friend there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Nadine!!!! You must be overjoyed at receiving such a beautiful quilt, full of all those treasured memories of your holiday together. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. HaPpY 60Th BiRtHdAy dear Nadine,

    Wishing you all the very best today and always.
    Much Love and kisses
    Elena
    P.s The quilt is gorgeous too! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wouldn't want to miss the picture of this quilt made with love!! You so much deserve it!! Enjoy it on all those winter evenings to come!! XXXD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm turning 60 this year...I hope it is as good as my 59th year =)

    Happy Belated Birthday to YOU!! What a precious gift you received, lovingly hand-made and beautiful too!

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipper.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !