"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Friday, September 2, 2011

MOVING ON......

After having experienced some delays,
(family comes first)
We finally could take the road to our Spanish retreat,
and here we are, happy as can be,
still pinching ourselves, when seeing the beauty from our terrace :
7am... such a pieceful moment !

We met some local old friends,
as well as quilters and quilt shop owners  ;>)
the latter proudly announcing their quilt exhibition
from today, until 13th Sept. on.
I'll post some pictures, of course...

No need to say I took some hand stitching projects with me,
including :

My travel Quilt
An English Paper Piecing project
(probably my most fav' technique), consisting of
loads and loads of 2 inches 60° white diamonds
to make 6 points stars,
connected with bright Batiks ones...

(next coming pictures will give you a better idea)


The Farmer's Wife Quilt
Inspired by Valentina ,
who convinced me that this was our best opportunity
of using those gorgeous shirtings we bought together,
some time ago...
And, of course, she was SO right :
these blocks are pure delight piecing !

So, here are my first attempts :

Block 1 : "Attic Windows"

Block 2 : "Autumn Tints"
For some reason, this picture refuses loading properly.
The dark blue squares should look horizontally,
and the tiny red ones are looking top and down. 
(but well, if you just bind your head to the right,  you'll get an idea. HeeHee...)

As you can see, I'm aiming to a "nautical look",
as this quilt is intended to our Spanish seaside nest.
(maybe I should re-name the project as "The sailor man's wife" ?)

 Another project in progress is
"The Wish Quilt"
(A Bronwyn Hayes Xmas stitchery-quilt)
While still in Belgium, I pieced the big blocks (6 in total)
so that I can complete the stitcheries at ease, while here.
I really would love to finish this quilt for next Xmas...
(pictures by next post).


Take care, friends,  enjoy your sewing !
;>)



6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I can comment while singing along with your music. Everything I wanted to say has gone out of my head. I love those nautical blocks and look forward to seeing what else you are up to. Have a great refreshing holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Na-dine! They are gorgeous!!! Well done, you... This is going to be such fun! Just finished placing your order for the sashing fabric, :) Ships ahoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nadine, Your seaside retreat looks sooooo good. I hope you have a wonderful time there. You have lots to keep you busy and I ams ure your Farmers Wife quilt is going to fit in very well there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course we love to have you on board of are journey on making this quilt.
    Your first two blocks are lovely.
    Welcome on board.

    Greetings,
    Marga♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadine!!! I was just thinking about you and wondered if you already were relaxing in sunny Spain! And here you are.
    Wowwwww... what a lovely place to be, right on the beach! I can imagine you and your hubby couldn't wait to be there.
    Your FW blocks look gorgeous! And very nice fabric too!
    Oooooh I wish I could sit there with you to make some stitches together LOL. Have fun!!!
    hugs, Jolanda ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buone vacanze Nadine.
    ciao ciao Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !