"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ORGANIZED MESS...

Well, no doubt Lily is inspiring me,
no matter how long it takes deciding among
the most appropriate fabrics,
 but mainly trying to figure out some appropriate designs by myself.

Here's the first row, up to now... One down, 3 more to go.


This is the first time I'm not following any particular pattern,
or setting, and I'm out of my comfort zone.
More than once, have I thought about our famous designers,
and their wonderful patterns.
Everything looks so cute and easy when you look at their sketches!
We often forget the hours and talent it takes to achieve such result...

Anyway, I'm humbly and heartfully trying,
using the best ingredient I know :
a grandmother's love

Oh, and a BIG MESS, as well !



The quilt is due for 9th April, and I'd better keep on working,
as we'll reach that day before I know it !

Enjoy your sewing, my friends !
;>)


12 comments:

  1. I think Lily's quilt will be spectacular! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! That will be so special. I love the one-of-a-kind aspect. Lily will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sweet quilt! This one will carry a special load of love!! ;))
    Enjou the sewing! Love, ria,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you, my Friend! It is looking lovely: the butterfly, the hexi-flowers, the braids!!! Just lovely... and can I pre-order the pattern already from you? :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bellissimi i tuoi nipotini.
    E bellissimi i tuoi lavori. ciao ciao Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are doing a great job in designing your own pattern!! It looks very beautiful and colorful also.
    Yes, I admire all those designers too and I hope to be able to design my own guild some day...
    have a very nice my friend, hugs jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more you work on this project, more ideas will come along very quickly .... you are doing a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I kmade the same quilt for my little niece, who was recovering from a terrible burn accident. She loved it so much that it was all the work worth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quelle chance pour cette jolie petite Lily d'avoir sa mamie pour Designer !!! Ce sera la plus belle création et elle vivra heureuse avec son délicieux petit quilt ! Patience Nadine la recette du gâteau de riz arrive ! Ces jours-ci Mamifleur est encore dépassée par des activités très chargées les enfants sont tous en vacances ! Bises et à bientôt .

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable ce nouveau quilt pour lily ! quel bonheur pour cette petite fille de recevoir ce précieux cadeau ! que d'amour dans cette belle réalisation. bravo nadine ! biz marité

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a garden quilt to me. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For some reason or other your blog seemed to have fallen from my bloglist!! Ohhhh you have got to be kidding me, this actually is your own comfort zone!!!! This quilt will be so special!! Are you going to make a pattern: Grandma's Lovely Garden?! Noticed the cookies, hmmmm, bet the smelled nice!! Maybe one day I will try them too!! Love the thought of olives hmmmmm!! XXXD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !