"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Catching Up... Finally !

A new grand baby...
A new blog...
And what's new on the quilting front, Nadine ?
Aha !
Well, I think my last quilty update was posted on 20th September,
with the blue birds quilt - time flies, indeed !
OK, let's go

Klosjes
I handpieced 48 new ones, since my return from Provence (beg. Sept)

Not so much in 2 months time, actually. 
I'm planning to come back to my successful "klosjes rythm" :
"rise up early and make 3 while the house is still asleep"
 (it works ---> makes 90 in a month time!)

Hexie flowers
One more flower was "planted " last week

Life is Beautiful
All 4-patch blocks are pieced, and 22 stitcheries were appliqued.
I'm halfway done for the quilt top (pictured on my design wall).
This is my focus project for the moment

Xmas 2010 wall quilt
Blocks 1, 2 and 3 are done and I started nr.4 yesterday evening 
(picture by next post)
............. 
Are you still here ?
;>)

I also wanted to mention some additional projects I worked on, while in Provence
but these will probably keep sleeping, until next vacations, HeeHee...

Little Houses
This is a fun project made of repro. fabrics that Kathie
generously sent to me, some time ago. 
Most of them were used in my (pending) baskets quilt
but I absolutely wanted to use the small leftovers. So I cut as many pieces as possible,
in order to build my "repro's village".  I think I'll have enough to make 20 houses...


Tumbler Doll Quilt
And I had so much fun, handpiecing this one with the relaining tiniest pieces. (No waste!)
I'm still hesitating about the border.  Thought about that yellow one,
but  it's much too light...


*******
Phew !  That was an update, wasn't it ?
Now all I have to do is :
keep on stitching,
keep on dreaming,
AND
keep on blogging !

Enjoy your sewing, dear friends
;>)

Note :
Thank you sooo much for your lovely comments about our
darling grand daughter Lily, you really touched our hearts.

13 comments:

  1. Oh! Pretty, pretty EVERYTHING! I love it all!

    ~ Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're not suffering from boredom. I like that little neighborhood you've got growing among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You completely blown me away......... 8D ....!!!!
    What a really lovely projects! I just love the scrappy look of quilts!!!
    Enjoy your sunday and a huge hug.... ;)) ...,
    xxxxxxx, Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow: inderdaad: wat een update. Wat heb je veel gedaan de laatste tijd. Je klosjes zien er fantastisch uit, net als je hexjes. Je LiB is ook prachtig! En wat een leuke huisjes! Geweldig dat je ook aan de vingerhoedjes bent begonnen. Leuk zijn die! Geniet er maar van!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing all your projects .... you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been a busy girl :o) You have some lovely projects on the go here!

    Hugs and stitches
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new granddaughter Lily. My neice named her daughter Lily and I think its the prettiest name - so delicate.

    Nice work on all your projects. I like seeing all the hexie together as I have been debating on adding a third row to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, Nadine, I think your houses are really cute and your thimbles are really sweet!
    xox
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quanti cambiamenti Nadine. E la piccolina come va? è brava?.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog, and great update of your projects. How's Lily doing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all those gorgeous projects :-)
    Keep on having Fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. All very nice projects. I am stitching away on my spools too, and am supposed to teach a class in hexies in February, so I need to get busy and get some made!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nadine, just thinking of you...... I wondered if you had updated yet....
    Hope everything is allright??
    Love and a huge knuffel, Ria.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !