"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm in the mood for blues... Life is beautiful !

Leaves are changing colors,
Dancing in the cold breeze, and playing music in the trees...
Little birds now gather together,
Preparing for the big migration,
and celebrating the change of season...
It took me 2 years to organize this birdies family reunion,
quietly handpiecing one or two, here and there...
Now they're ready for their handquilting trip,
and my needle will happily fly among them.

Meet "The Blues Brothers and their cousin"
;>)

Original pattern : "In the Leafy Tree Tops"
designed by our talented friend Nanette,
Thanks dear !
No matter how long it took me,
I'm sooo grateful for the pleasure I had, piecing these cuties together !

(backing fabric)

************************

Life is beautiful - Update nr. 5

These looong vacations allowed me to progress on the LIB project, and I really enjoyed completing all (32) stitcheries.

I'm now busy machine piecing the 4-patch blocks for the background,
and will then applique the stitcheries on them.
Still a lot to do, one stitch at a time,
among other new projects (? ? ? ) ...
but this is another story, for next post !

Enjoy your sewing, my friends !

13 comments:

  1. Birds of a feather certainly flock together!
    My dear it is a success: Congratulations!!!!
    Life is certainly beautiful, dear friend!
    kiss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure to meet the blues brothers!
    hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you posting again :)
    And congrats on your blue birds. It is beautiful. And I see you have been busy stitching those cute LIB stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Blue Birds quilt is so cute and I love their little red cousin!
    Your LIB stitcheries look so nice sitting there all stacked up, can't wait to see that quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, zo'n schattige quilt! Véél plezier met het quiltwerk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Blues Brothers is a very interesting quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on LIB .... looking forward to seeing more of this project.

    Your Blues brothers is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well aren't they just the cutest things and I love your backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute quilt. You have a beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, Nadine, it's so lovely. I like to hear the birds singing early in the morning. How are your 'klosjes' doing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful little bluebirds Nadine & all those gorgeous LIB stitcheries completed, wow, you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !