"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wednesday, Flower Day ! Update 3

"I'm singing in the rain...."
Summer, summer where are you ?
It's raining cats and dogs, here !
Fortunately, we've got sunshine in our hearts,
and we keep planting flowers to enlight our days...
;>)
So I took some crayons, and drew a rough plan,
in order to visualise clearly the whole thing.
See where I'm going ?
Each flower measures 35cm (14") diameter and requires 73 hexagons.
I'm aiming a large single bed size, so I'll need approx. 20 complete flowers,
plus white borders...

.... And here's what I planted, up to now

I'm really happy that I changed my mind about the fabrics + layout,
now I can feel this quilt as "mine", and making those hexies is such a pleasure !
I was fearing that using only 4 different fabrics would make the piecing a little boring,
but actually it's very relaxing.
I love the simplicity and joy that are slowly coming from the design and colors.
This fills my heart with gratitude...

Now, I need some exercise, so on to visit your own lovely "gardens", my friends,
and see the gorgeous flowers you planted this week !
;>)

16 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Nadine, what a terrific idea and I really like your new hexagons. Would you believe I am just about to add a photo of my new hexagons and I am also using a strong red? Yes, absolutely true. Your colours are lovely and I wish you the best in continuing. Have a lovely day, Ann ~ Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful design, I love it! Thank you also for my beautiful birthday cards, they are very appropriate! ;)) Big hugs and kisses dear Nadine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what your quilt is going to be. The design is powerful. I see flowers and stars in it. It's going to be a perfect match of fabric and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jist love your flowerdesign!!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your layout and think the quilt is going to be stunning. Its fun to play with fabrics and colors. I am enjoying the english paper piecing on the spool blocks, and might just have to try hexagons next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your layout and think the quilt is going to be stunning. Its fun to play with fabrics and colors. I am enjoying the english paper piecing on the spool blocks, and might just have to try hexagons next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design Nadine - I love the white stars between the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sweet, un-be-lie-va-ble!
    They look amazing! And I have a feeling this one will be done in no time... I can feel the love and sunshine pouring out of it all the way here!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see your garden grow with just the right flowers. Think of the time you'll save not having to pick lots of different fabrics. It's going to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Nadine and not boring at all! Don't forget to add your link to the weekly Sign In sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is going to be stunning , love the color combination and not the least bit boring !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are just lovely!
    I am working on my garden too but for a king-sized bed! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout for the garden looks great - I love the way you have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quilt this is going to be.
    just found your blog,love it , and the music is great!!! usually I turn the music off Not this one!!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the layout and the colors you decided upon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !