"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Friday, May 28, 2010

Filling the Pantry....

First I wish to THANK YOU all, for your sweet, encouraging comments
on my last post. I wish I could have answered everyone, but life just caught me up.
Be sure that each and every word were so much appreciated
and filled my heart with joy...
No sewing this week !
We've come to that time of the year, when we start jarring,
and filling the pantry, together with my SIL's.
DH recently went to Italy, and brought back a whole lot of sun dried tomatoes.
So we spent some funny days, preparing these with olive oil, garlic, parsley, pimientos...
LOTS of work, but lots of giggles and singing, too !
I love my Italian family...
;>)

Next weeks, we'll work on eggplants, cucumbers, pepperoni, artichokes, etc.
Big job, but we'll be sooo happy by next winter !
Besides, those days spent doing that all together, are filling our hearts with
sweet memories for the future...
I'll be back soon, with quilty news.
In the meantime,
enjoy your sewing, dear friends !
;>)

9 comments:

  1. How beautiful!!! Yes, it's "feeds you" in many ways when you put up foods, especially with family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing this with family sounds like a lot of fun! And the sun dried tomatoes looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful painting at the top of your blog. Simply gorgeous. Your tomatoes are luscious looking, too. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nadine, those jars look SO NICE! I totally understand what you say about creating memories for the future, working with your family on the preserving. I have fond memories as a child helping my grandmother make the Christmas pudding and scones on Sundays for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so delish!
    Maybe you could have a tutorial?
    Pleasssse!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jars look like jewels! Care to share any recipes??? When time allows...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I'd be curious to see what you do with the aubergines that are one of my most favourite veg, sorry fruit, oh no I stand corrected - berry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have a recipe or are you making it up as you go along?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious pastime, they all sound so delicious. I love eggplant, I'd be interested to know what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !