"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Starting a Garden...

When seeing this picture in the last "QuiltsJapan" magazine, my fingers were itching to start a new Flowers Garden, and I knew it had to be in that colors scheme. I just LOVE the soft and fresh look of it...

I know this will be a very long term project, as I've got so many casseroles on the stove, so I decided to subscribe to KAREN's idea of piecing at least one flower each Wednesday...
Here's the sidebar logo, designed by Valentina

And here is the very start of my version. I'm using 1" hexagon paper pieces with soft red, blue and white shirtings. I don't know yet whether I'll be setting a (white) path around each flower, I'll just enjoy piecing some more flowers and set them aside, before deciding about the full pattern... and it just feels gooooood
ENJOY YOUR SEWING !
;>)

21 comments:

  1. Oh Nadine, I know they're going to be beautiful!! Have fun :)

    I simply wonderfully adore the beautiful painting on your header... Wow!! The colours are stunning!
    ..and I love your 'new look' :)

    huge hugs to you,
    Robyn xxre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hexies and your color choice, Nadine. Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifull hexagonnen. Nice colors you use. Have a nivce day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo from the magazine and I love your flowers! Very pretty fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart sings seeing that picture again and I am so happy to be doing this quilt with you. Your hexies are looking perfect!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers.There are already a lot of ladies who join the hexaflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nadine, it's so nice to meet you! I love your sewing and photos! Lovely blog. I am going to have to come back to visit more often now that I've found you!!!! HUGS! and thoughts coming your way today... Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to do these too!!! Yours look very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nadine, your hexies are looking wonderful, watch out though they are very addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will enjoy the process of making a hexagon quilt and maybe make more than one a week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your new blog page too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first photo on this post! It is absolutely beautiful.

    Your hexagon flowers are looking good too. I think they are going to grow all over the world just like the Klosjes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How gorgeous. I know how addictive hexagons can be. I'll be watching these get made, they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nadine, just love your flowers, beautiful colors you are using!! Happy sewing, Daniëlle

    ReplyDelete
  15. You made very nice hexjes, I love your colors! greetings, your hexcollega Jeannet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just enjoy the journey! They are going to be beautiful, Nadine. I can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! I love it in reds.
    Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is all it takes ... one flower at a time and before you know it, you have lots to show. Love your new project ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. very beautifully design. all the best

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !