"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spools... Klosjes...

Looks like many friends are tempted
with those cuties and I'm thrilled !

So, like my friend Valentina, and in order to answer many questions,
I just added some tutorial links on my sidebar.
Hoping this will help you...
Of course, please feel free to email me,
in case you need more details.

You will also notice that our spools might look slightly different,

as Valentina and I chose to cut our center square a little bigger,

(in this case : 1inch3/4, seam allowance included)

so that it doesn't look like a "bow-tie", rather a real spool.

This choice is up to you...

ENJOY YOUR "SPOOLING" / "KLOSJING"

and rendez-vous on Saturday !

;>)

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for the links Nadine. I had to think hard about the center part, wether to make it larger but in the end I stuck with the original block. Your's are looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nadine..I think yours are looking lovely..
    I made 5 last night...I'm not very good at long term projects, but I'll see how I go..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy spooling!
    Love
    Elena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A samedi Nadine, I made already four of them, very addictive !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Nadine for accepting my request to join the SPOOLS group! I look forward to starting next week and adding some photo's on my blog. Happy Stitching, Ann, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have given in to the urge to make some klosjes. I have drafted up a template and will start stitching tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There seems to be a rash of spool blocks popping up in quilting Blogland! Are you machine piecing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So how many of these does it take to make a queen size quilt??? LOL - nevermind, I am not that crazy. They are very cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your spools are very cute, and I really like the larger centre block, but my attention was drawn by the heart-shaped tin of pins! I have an identical tin, and couldn't help but laugh. Ordinary people may see a container for candies, but quilters see miniature sewing boxes, pin boxes, and other miscellaneous sewing accessories, no matter where they go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !