"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

15th EUROPEAN PATCHWORK MEETING - VAL D'ARGENT - FRANCE

Helloooooo, there !
Still alive.... and still playing the "globe trotter",
Aaaah, retirement is a real treat !

I was lucky enough to attend my first BIG quilt show.

Oh, it was such a wonderful week ! Pure delight in quilters world ...
Better than words, here's a slide show,with (some) of my favourite pictures,e.g. Dutch quilts, and also those from Hungary & New Zealand (special guests), not to forget a -Yoko Saito, 30 years of quilts -retrospective, and soooo many, many others...

I was also speechless and much moved, when seeing the Amish quilts(these were antique quilts from a private collection). The Amish works are so special to me...

Of course, I dived into the shopping mall, with 146 European quiltshop owners - Aaaaarghghgh !... but that's another story, for my next post.

(you can click on any picture, for a zzzzoooooom)

ENJOY !
;>)

Looks like I've got some problems to upload my slideshow on my blog

(still have to learn/practice, HeeHee..)

Please, click on "view all images", hereunder...


THANKS for your visit !

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing us all these wonderful quilts. I visited Val D'argent several years ago and it was an amazing event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that when I go to a quilt show my favorite part is visiting the vendors and shopping. When I went to Houston a few years ago and saw perhaps 1000 vendors I was in quilters Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see the slide show, but will have to wait until I can get into town to use internet at a cafe.

    welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadine, you really had a wonderful time didn't you. I loved seeing all the beautiful quilts. It's amazing to me the talent other countries have when it comes to quilting and designing. I especially liked the last 2 pictures!!
    Glad you had a great time. I bet your glad to be how now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merci Nadine pour ce diaporama de l'expo de Sainte Marie aux Mines .c'est gentil pour celles qui n'ont pas eu la chance d'y aller. Avez vous vu les quilts de la villa Burrus? Amitié Mamifleur.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it is a beautiful place, and such wonderful quilts. Thank you for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Nadine,
    Once again you inspire me. I have been wanting to make the cat quilt but could not decide how to make it. Thanks so much.
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Nadine, finalmente eccomi qui.
    Finito il quilting day sono tranquilla e comincio a girare di qua e di là nel web.
    Tutto ok?
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a happy blog, thank you for sharing your photos they're great. I have clicked to follow so I can see the result of this fabulous eye catching quilt.

    Peg xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou for sharing all these with us!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !