"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SUNSHINE & SHADOW - STEP ONE -

So I decided that Sunday would be the day for starting with this quilt, and carefully read JERI 's instructions sheets, starting with choosing the 13 colors I needed, among the 18 ones she had sent to me (this was not so easy, as they're all so beautiful).

Jeri cleverly divided the quilt in 9 sections, the first step being the 4 corners - each corner composed of a 10 x 10 squares...

The pictures below are showing the upper right corner.

I cut ten 2,5" strips, each of a different color, corresponding to my choice, and pieced them together.
Then I cut 2,5" strips accross them


and started to arrange them, unpicking at the top...


until I reached this arrangement (which was half the final big square I needed)...
Then I completed each row, using some of the unpicked squares...
Back to machine piecing, watching carefully to the matching seams, and...

T A D A A A A ! ;>)
Happy dance, here is my first upper right corner...
Now, on to the 3 other ones, before reaching Step 2.



If the mountain looks too high to climb,
divide your efforts into several achievable goals.
Sooner or later, you'll reach the top...
;>)

12 comments:

  1. No song gets me up on my feet and dancing like this one! Thank You, Nadine, a beautiful way of starting my Stitch-day with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours you are using are beautiful. By the way you won my birdy, dont you want it ?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravoooo Nadine, voor een eerste keurige hoek!
    (nog 3 zondagen en de top is klaar? ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Nadine, I love the colours.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful fabric. I love fabric without prints. The colours speak for them selfs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is looking great. Those basket blocks look so tiny. How big are they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be G O R G E O U S!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Nadine!
    Looking forward to watching your progress... love those baskets :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. I really like the way the oranges look three dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Olá amiga!
    Conheci seu cantinho e é tudo de bom!É muito criativo, lindo e alegre!...
    Parabéns pelo seu trabalho!
    Espero você em:
    magiadaines.blogspot.com
    Um ótimo dia!
    Beijinhos carinhosos.
    Itabira - Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  11. comme il sera beau ce quilt amish !... J'adore. Mamifleur

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !