"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

KEEP YOUR FEET ON THE GROUND...

Last year, I was lucky enough to visit May Britt, in Norway (such nice memories!)

One day, she told me :
"you can dive into my stash and, please, help yourself"
Boy, I was in quilters heaven !
I cut little bits and pieces, including a piece of that cheater fabric, above.
It really fascinated me... Not only for the colors, the nice blocks arrangement, the scrappy, vintage look,but also the words on it. (click on the picture)

Back home, I searched the Web to find more of it, but couldn't...
Yet, I wanted to make something simple out of it, as a memory.
I kept it in my sewing box for a long time, until this weekend,
when I decided to make this humble wallhanging.
I just added the black fabric, it didn't need more. I know, it looks more like a table mat,
but I wanted to cut the least possible out of the fabric...
Now it's hanging above my computer screen, and I'm happy.
"Keep your feet on the ground, Nadine !"
(especially when you look at sooo many beautiful quilts in Blogland
BUT
"Reach for the stars !"
anyway.... with Love, Wisdom and Virtue
BECAUSE
"Success is a journey, not a destination"
;>)

8 comments:

  1. love, love, love it!

    What a wonderful keepsake to remind you of the important things...and your trip to meet a blogging friend.

    It would be very cute as a runner, but I'd also want to be able to see those sayings as a reminder...

    Keep those words close to your heart.

    bbh,
    christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great with that little piece of fabric. A cute memory from our wonderful week together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadine where are you ? youv'e won my birdy.......
    KAren

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY!!! What a memory and a reminder too.. soo clever!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute quilt. How nice of May to let you jump in her stash. I know you enjoyed that. Who wouldnt right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy memories Nadine!
    I think that turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !