"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Sunday, August 2, 2009

I' M BAAAACK..... ;>)

Well, it's been a while since I came here to blab, isn't it ? These vacations were certainly needed, after last June sad events, and were highly appreciated... We spent 2 weeks in (hot, hot) Spain (definitely waaay too hot for me) and 2 weeks in wonderful
Provence (France) , where we'll certainly go back
(actually, we already booked for next year, HeeHee).

And what did this silly quilter do in a month,
as she forgot home all her well prepared sewing things ???
Well, she (almost) cried...
and then she read, and read A LOT !

I won't bother you with too many pictures, except quilty ones, beginning with

(1)
this one hereunder, for which I'd need your HELP

I didn't see that quilt in Spain, but stumbled upon the picture

while browsing Spanish blogs.

No name, nor designer... nothing but a picture.

I emailed the blogging lady, but never got any answer. Sooo....

does this pattern speak to you, eventually ?
* * * * * * * * * *
(2)
While visiting a small Spanish quilt show, I was amazed with this quilt.
It's a nine patch design, with a Japanese folding technique
and the story behind it is quite funny,
as it was made by a man (the quiltshop owner's hubby) !

Interesting and beautiful, isn't it ?
I was kindly given the pattern - another one on my "must-do" list...
;>)


* * * * * * * * * *
(3)

Back to normal, I was sooo happy to sew again, and finally decided on
my "Little Blue Birds" borders...
which was not so easy, as I wanted a vintage look,

but I happily found
that "grandma's aprons" repro fabric on the web (E-quilters.com)
There will be a surprise wink in this top,
you'll see it soon...


* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

(4)

My next big project will be that gorgeous
Sunshine & Shadow
that you can see on my header...
I'll be doing it together with JERI and JOANNA
(can't wait !)

I'm still catching up with Blogland posts, and see that
you've all been sewing treasures,
congratulations to you all !

I'll be back soon,
Thanks for your visit
;>)

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I'm new to blogging and just popped in to say hello. There are some beautiful quilts I can only dream of being that good, pop over and say hello.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are back! I am happy you had a good break, Nadine!
    Lots of love from Valentina from Cyprus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Back! Some hot weather sounds lovely, I am well and truly over winter here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoi Nadine, I'm ashamed I didn't answer your questions but things got quite wrong here the last week before we left on holiday. I have been looking on the internet but up till know I didn't find anything about the pattern. Now I still have one week holiday. Till then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sew glad you are home safe and sound ready to get back in the groove again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very interesting quilt - the Japanese one. You will have to share with us how you make the three dimensional look. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !