"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

IT'S OOOOONLY ONE BLOCK A MONTH ! ;>)

Hi, there ! ;>)
It's been a while, isn't it ? ...
I'm sorry.
Seems that retirement has made a laaaazy blogger of me : soooo many things I wanted to do, and see, and read, and try... on my "Once I've got time" list !
Not to mention Dear Hubby's own list - actually we both retired at the same time... and can I leave that darling alone with his own list, tell me ??? HeeHee...
We had (and still have) to find a new rythm, new routines.
Yet things are slowly getting back to normal... which means I started a new BOM with some French ladies. It's a huuuuuge project (I love these! Maybe because of the challenge included ?)
The name is Sally Post Floral Sampler
It's bright, it's cheerful, it's pink, red, green (with a touch of yellow)...
It's ME !
There are 36 blocks in total (but I'll only make 25)
The first 12 blocks are FREE, and then you have to order the others...
Here's my first block
and my fabrics choice


So far, so good...
Wish me luck !
(perseverance, perseverance...)
;>)

A QUOTE FOR TODAY :
THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS DOTTED WITH MANY TEMPTING PARKING PLACES
(and pot holes, too ! HeeHee...)

11 comments:

  1. Oh Nadine,
    They're bright and cheery just like you my friend.
    I'm wishing you good luck and I love the saying at the end of your post *giggle*
    It does take time doesn't it to settle into new routines...and some planning I suppose.
    Enjoy your retirement... I'm very sure you've earnt it!!
    hugs
    Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I add the road also has many pot holes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes it is only one block a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the block and the fabrics! It will be fun to watch your progress on these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful block. I see one of "my" fabrics there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block and your fabrics are very beautiful.
    I would like make one block for week to make Sally Post Floral Sampler but finally, I made one block for day. And now, I began to quilt this sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to hear something from you..:o)

    GOOD LUCK on your new BOM..ahmmm...what happened to the old ones..lol...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Nadine bentornata qui tra noi,
    bello il tuo nuovo BOM , molto allegro e colorato.
    Mi raccomando non lasciarti troppo coinvolgere da Gaetano e tieniti tempo per il patch.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the link to Sentimental Stitches. I printed out flower patterns this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !