"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Saturday, May 16, 2009

I LOVE PARIS......

Last January, our children spoiled us with a 4 days trip to Paris,
as a retirement present.
We could choose the dates, so we opted for May,
hoping our stay would be sunny...
Well it was not sunny, but Paris is Paris :
one of the most beautiful cities in the world

;>)

We stayed in a very comfy hotel, and decided to visit

some of the many picturesque places, such as


L'Ile de la Cité, walking along les Quais de la Seine...

up to the Tour Eiffel...


Hmmmm...Stormy weather (but yummy restaurant ! HeeHee)



The day after, we went to the splendid Musée du Louvre, where we spent a whole day...

I think it takes 3 days to visit the whole museum,
so we decided to part, hubby visiting the (big) sculptures section,
while I opted for the Impressionist painters...


then sharing our feelings and emotions on a lovely terrace...


We also went to the beautiful Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral...



Of course I had planned a visit to a famous quilt shop!

So we went to Le Rouvray, just behind Notre Dame...


Such a pleasant and welcoming shop !


with beautiful fabrics, among some antiques


old quilts, so beautifully hand quilted...


and also gorgeous quilt tops. This one was was my absolute favorite one. I have to make such a quilt !


Of course, I couldn't leave empty handed, HeeHee..... And I chose a fabrics kit, to make a throw in sunny, colourful Provence toiles.

The pattern is very simple (sometimes these are the best ones) : four patches, with marbled yellow connecting blocks, and a beautiful border.

Hmmmm, I'm in the mood for starting it right now...

;>)

THANKS, kido's... you really spoiled us !

10 comments:

  1. Welcome in France !
    So great you enjoyed your trip in Paris ...
    Your pictures are very représentative and your pleasure quite exciting for us while reading your post.
    Next time come and see me in the south of France Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely trip! I think I bought one of the same packs of fabrics there a few years ago. Here's what I did with it! http://lifesaquilt.blogspot.com/2007/05/slut-med-sm-btarna.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely trip. You should start right now if your in the mood for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a lovely trip! The fabrics you bought look fabulous -- can't wait to see what you make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift!

    Oh Nadine...go for the Sunshine and Shadows quilt...I know that this one is blossoming in your heart...not much longer and it will be in full bloom on your bed...let me know if you need help with finding just the right shade of colors.

    BBHxoxoxoxBBH
    christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hei.
    Seems you had a great trip to Paris ;-)
    You are realy travelling on...
    I'm on my way to Gøteborg and NQT... Lot of nice items to spen money on there I think.
    Have a great week. Klem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nadine, talk in inglish it's not easy for me but i try. Thanks for your comments in my blog. i will be in hurry to see your quilt with the new french fabrics. See you soon bye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful trip and you found a quilt shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nadine I love your blog. I hope you had a wonderful time in France.
    I enjoyed your show and tell. Antique quilts and Amish quilts are my favorite. If you decide to make the Trip Around the World Quilt I would love to quilt along with you.
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nadine, It all looks heavenly, oh my...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !