"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Monday, March 2, 2009

TRIP TO VENICE - PART 5

THE CARNIVAL
********************
Early in the morning...
Where was Casanova going to ?


Hope I'm not boooooring you ?

;>)


The Carnival In Venice is one of the most important events, every year.

Thousands of visitors from all over the world,

and hundreds of them wearing very special costumes...

Anyone can walk in disguise.

Some will rent their costume, but most people are very creative

and spend the whole year long at sewing their own costumes,

hoping to be selected among the most special...

They don't march in groups, but rather slowly walk in pairs, or alone.
They love being photographed, and really "play" their costume, with special attitudes.

You can be surprised at every corner,

and of course see many of them on the big Piazza San Marco...

We were very impressed with the diversity, colors, and creativity,

and wished we had more than 2 eyes to admire them all !




























Usually, I'm not so good at photographing...

but I think this last one is gorgeous.

Actually, it's my favourite one !

;>)


********************
To be continued...
tomorrow, with the last part (6)
telling you about a veeeery special quilter friends meeting in Venice !
STAY TUNED (if you can!)
;>)

12 comments:

  1. Not bored... more like mesmerised...simply a stunning place with beautiful people!!!

    hugs
    Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavens above Nadine, I've never seen such amazing costumes before. Just beautiful!
    I'm loving your holiday snaps, definitely not bored at all!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadine, thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog!!! The pics from your trip are stunning :) I immediately became your follower :)
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadine, your trip was wonderful! I've been in Venice but I'd like to go again. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are stunning!! What an amazing vacation that must have been, seeing all these glorious costumes!
    Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have had a fabulous time. Venice is still on my wish list. The costumes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again :D
    thanks for stopping by...glad you enjoyed my front door view :c)
    hugs
    Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Contente de te savoir de retour ... je l'ai su grâce à "over the trail".
    Ces photos sont toutes plus belles les unes que les autres, ce sont de merveilleux souvenirs !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your holiday shots, I am not bored at all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These costumes are beautiful. Thanks for all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fique et impressionnant tous ces costumes, merci de partager cela avec nous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I have never seen such beautiful costumes in my life!!!
    Gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !