"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SOME PROGRESS + THIS & THAT...

Brrrrrr.....This winter is colder than usual, with temperatures very often well below zero. A bad flu visited many of us, including me! :( Well, I guess that's the game of the season...

So I slept a lot, cuddling under my favorite quilt, but I also managed to finish some small things, that I'm showing you hereunder :

Meet Felix the Cat
a door hanger. I enjoyed very much making it and I guess it's not the last one ....

This scissor fob, or pincushion, whatever you name it, was also
a nice exercise with half inch strips from my scrapbag...

and I also finished a cute Bronwyn Hayes stitchery...
that became a stitchery bag for an Italian friend

Now I'm still busy handquilting "The Blue Hour" (see previous post), piecing my Angels Story quilt top, plus my Little Blue Birds (a Nanette Merryl pattern) . Slowly but surely, one stitch at a time...

Do I dare saying I made some poor attempts, piecing some Kaleidoscope blocks - a pattern designed by Teresa (watch her blog, her quilt is going to be fantastic!). But I still need some practice AND perseverance, as this pattern - though looking simple - requires A LOT of precision. We'll see.....

Now I guess I should start preparing our TRIP TO VENICE - ITALY (from 10th to 25th February). I'll talk about this one next time...

UNTIL THEN, STAY TUNED,

ENJOY YOUR SEWING

AND TAKE CARE !

;>)

12 comments:

  1. A lot of lovely finishes...and wow I love that bag you made for your Italian friend!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei. You have been so clever getting all that lovely items done. ;-)
    Your bag are great. Klem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear about your quilting. You make such lovely things. Hope you recover from the flu when you go to Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'aime tout, mais surtout le sac et ce genre de broderie, j'en ai déjà fait aussi !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes, the cat is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all. Your stitchery is just beautiful! The log cabin was made with made with 1/2" strips? WOW, I am impressed.

    If you can master just beautiful items, you can master the Kaleidoscope block with just a little practice. I believe in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nadine ti scrivo in italiano così ti abitui.

    Spero che tu sia guarita bene e non vedo l'ora di incontrarti..
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Nadine. I love everything you're doing here and especially that cute pussy cat!
    Do hope you're feeling better now.
    We're having a hotter than usual summer here in OZ. Yuk!
    Keeep up the beautiful work.
    hugs
    Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hai, love to see all your projects especially your Felix the Cat. Wonder where can I get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello I love your blog and your music, I have a faves blog file and your the first and only one in it so far. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you've been busy. I love all your projects, but that door hanger is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !