"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Monday, September 1, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME !

Hello there, I'm baaaaack ! :>)
Trying to catch up in Blogland, discovering your wonderful posts and works... My, oh My, you really did a great job, while I was sweating and humphing under the Spanish sun !

Guess I'd better take back my needles, threads, and sew, sew, sew ! (How come that I always have that feeling that you're all waaaaay ahead of me ??? HeeHee...)

Well we had a really nice time together, just the two of us like newly weds, strolling hand in hand, visiting some picturesque places (and yummy restaurants), but let me tell you this, my friends : sunshine is OK with me.... but heat, and I mean real heat (temperatures rose up to 50°C/120°F !) was way too hot and uncomfortable (not to speak about my poor legs and feet, inflating and looking like tree trunks :( Humph !


SO, YESSS, DEFINITELY HOME SWEET HOME !


Hereunder are a few Spanish pics. I'd like to share with you :>)


Our quiet village,


Humph !

(Hello, Weight Watchers, I'm coming !)



Escaping to the mountains, for some fresh air....



We visited a wonderful pottery...



where you could watch the potter at work.


Just look at those beauties ...



Spanish markets are a must, too...


with fresh fruits and veggies,


All sorts of perfumed spices...


of course, the traditional (and sooo useful !) fans..

And look at those tiny, Spanish red shoes for the Flamenco !


************

Despite those wet, wet hands, I could manage to sew a little and also visited a nice quilt show, organized by the small local quilt shop. That will be my next post...

THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT,

ENJOY YOUR SEWING !

:>)




21 comments:

  1. Welcome home Nadine, I've missed you! Gosh what a wonderful time you've had, such lovely pictures.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home! Thank you for sharing the pictures and bits of your adventures. I'm with you on the heat!

    There will be plenty of time for stitching as we all prepare to slow down and move into a cooler slower pace for autumn and winter. Remember our dear friend the turtle!

    xoxoxoxo
    christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're home safe and sound and getting back into your own routine. Vacations are wonderful, but getting home is just the best!

    I love, love, love your new banner photo. What's the story with this piece?

    Can't wait to see your quilt show photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you safe back home. You look great on that beachphoto!!!! And would love to go with you to that market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I'm so glad you are back in blogland. Thanks for the postcard. You are sutch a great girl. A big welcome KLEM from me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have you back home, Nadine!

    What glorious photos! Color, color, color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so good to have you back, Nadine! It looks like you had a wonderful time....the pictures are just lovely!

    I feel your pain in regards to the heat. Here in Arizona it can get blistering hot. I just don't leave the house much until it cools down. (the winter here is fabulous, though!)

    Thank you again for the postcard! It was so sweet of you to think of me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home Nadine, we missed you. Spain looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home, Nadine! Spain looks like a beautiful place for a vacation. The market is awesome! The heat is not my friend either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home, my friend! The pictures are wonderful - thank you for sharing.

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back and thanks for showing us the pictures. I can´t imagine being in 50°, phew...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home! What lovely vacation photos you took! But my, it does sound hot, hot, hot.
    Cheers!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home Nadine! Fantastic photos and I think fantastic holydays.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, great pictures and what a wonderful looking vacation you had. Great picture of you with your happy smile. The Spanish market and pottery look like so much fun to visit and shop. I am looking forward to the quilt show pictures. I find it interesting to see what quilters in other parts of the world are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What gorgeous photos. Being heat intolerant, I imagine in that heat I would have probably fainted. Luckily we don't have temps that excessive. The veggies and pottery look absolutely wonderful. Glad you had an enjoyable holiday and that now you are back to posting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome home Nadine....it's so nice to have you back. Your photos are wonderful! Glad you had an awesome trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nadine..... I just love those fans.. so if anyone is every going there again... I will send my addy so I can receive one as a gift...LOL

    Oh and those red shoes.. I would so wear them.. they are lovely.... my favourite colour....

    Cath Ü

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back . . . you're all rested and ready to go now. Looks like a lovely vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome home. You were missed, but it sure looks like you had fun despite the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome home Nadine! :)
    I enjoyed all your pictures from your vacation. Just lovely!
    I look forward to hearing from you again soon.
    Much love,
    Chas

    http://www.homesteadblogger.com/chas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !