"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I' M NOT AN ANGEL ...

but when I saw this, and this, tell me how could I resist ? :>)

So I contacted Stina, and asked to be part of the Club. Of course, I needed that like a hole in my head, but the summer holidays will soon be starting and I thought it would be fun to stitch those cute angels, for a change. Besides, being part of a small, friendly group, with a "comfortable deadline" (does that exist, really ?) won't do me wrong...

Wouldn't you feel like joining the fun ? ;>)


Some might think I fell in a "quilting slump" lately, or in a "lazy daisy" mood ---> wrong !
I worked hard, my friends. One slow stitch at a time, I admit, but I reached (most of) my goals, and - most important - I finished some "secret", special projects. And, no I still can't show them today, as the recipient would immediately understand. HeeHee.....

I've also handpieced some additional nine patch blocks, for a dear friendship quilt with Christine , as well as some other house blocks, and the stacks are nicely growing.

This, in between the end of school year exams & graduations AND our new kitchen installment preps. - read : dust, sorting out and packing as if we were moving, LOL (my "baby" is coming first week in July, and I just can't wait ! :>)

So no quilty pictures.... what else can I show you ? Flowers from my garden, maybe ?


petunias, spreading all over...









honeysuckle, smelling divine...







and sparkling red geraniums.





But a rose, is a rose, is a rose...






Oh, I almost forgot to tell you I signed in Linda's pincushion swap, as well as in Sharon's on Rhonda-Jean's blog.


See..... I'm not an angel ! ;>)


* * * * * *


What about a quote, now ?


The reason angels can fly

is because they take themselves lightly.

G.K. Chesterton

9 comments:

  1. How can we resist challenges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh -- a pin cushion swap? That sounds like fun!
    The flowers are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you joined the Angels Club too :o) This will be a lot of fun!!! Although... I'm no angel, either *tjiihii*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sweet Nadine...off to the quilt show for a workshop. But wanted to stop by and leave a hello.

    The little variable star that I have been practicing on is very addicting. I will slip a wee block into your box....just like potato chips, you can't make just one.

    Have a wonderful day!
    hugs,
    christine

    ps: what's this about another group...silly old bear! I'm sure you couldn't resist.

    Off on the hunt for the special thread holder for my dear friend so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get that book too, but I better not join the challenge right now because of daughter's wedding in August. Great to hear from you, and beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great. Welcome to the angel club :) The angels are soooooooooooo cute to stitch and I know you'll love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nadine I have buyed this book too.
    It is so nice.........
    Your flowers are fantastic who is the gardner?
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have really gotten a lot done. I love your quote and must confess to taking myself way too seriously many times. Gonna do better so I can fly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy stitching those angels Nadine. It looks a fun project. I shall enjoy watching your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !