"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Monday, May 19, 2008

FIRST ATTEMPT AND HOOKED !

Even my friend Lucille Ball could not believe her eyes ... :>)

A wonderful friend had sent to me a small size Bowtie plastic template. I thought this was the opportunity to make my first-ever small quilt.






It's 15 inches square, each block measuring 2.5", finished.
Hand pieced - Hand quilted,
and certainly not the last one !


Some other works are on their way to the "Finish" line... but I still can't show them until the recipients find them in their mailboxes. :>)


Thank you
so much, dear friends, for all your wonderful emails and comments. Though I'm keeping saving time from the computer, and blogging much less than before, I still cherish your friendship and find much inspiration, visiting you !


Gratitudes :


- Big projects for retirement,
- A better organization,
- Time managing and simplifying,
- Inspiring reading,
- Fun mail from special, spoiling friends.


INSPIRING QUOTE :


Voluntary simplicity means going fewer places in one day, rather than more.
Seeing less, so I can see more,
Doing less, so I can do more,
Acquiring less, so I can have more.

John Kabat-Zinn "Wherever you go, there you are"

14 comments:

  1. Nadine- I had no idea that this little quilt was hiding inside that silly package of templates.

    It looks wonderful!

    Have a wonderful pieceful week!

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beauty it is Nadine, and how exciting that it's your first mini. They are addictive aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Nadine. Great hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous, Nadine. Little quilts are all too much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great. I love also love to make little quilts. Hugs. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mini quilt is just lovely, I have never made a mini, but maybe I should....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful, Nadine! These little ones really are addictive *lol* Enjoy your mini!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so wonderful Nadine !!! I love the colours that you chose for it . I just love mini quilts ! They are so much fun to stitch up .

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little quilt! Love the colours you chose.
    Now you have me wanting to try a hand pieced mini :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute Bow Tie Miniature Nadine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The little quilt is beautiful and the quilting is great. You will blog when you have time as you say "blogging without obligation", I have also adopted that sign on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nadine, wonderful little quilt and since bowties are one of my favorite patterns, I'm thrilled you have made one *VBS* Be careful, they are addictive! Big hugs for a simpler life, Finn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely little quilt in such bright, cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !