"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Sunday, April 6, 2008

SIMPLE PLEASURES, GRATITUDES...

We woke up this morning with this beautiful present from Lady Nature in our front garden...




Then I switched on the radio, and heard this oldie song. It made me feel even happier, and I started dancing in the kitchen.....


My two youngest (22, and 20) were "playing with Dad" and they had a big giggle, all together...


A quick check on my scale indicated "minus 1 pound" (hurray !)


Of course I thought about lunch, and suddenly remembered having cooked everything yesterday evening (Yeaaaah!)


I looked at my quilting notions (read mess :>) on the table, and thought about a very special friend, bringing sunshine into my life...


Coffee was ready, and I quietly sipped my first cup, while still alone in the kitchen....





Simple pleasures, gratitudes,

that I wanted to share with you.

Have a nice Sunday !

:>)


18 comments:

  1. Great hearing from you Nadine. Beautiful tree and flowers! Congratulations on the weight loss. I hope mine says that on Monday when I weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful reminder to treasure the simple things in life! And that tree is gorgeous!

    Congratulations on -1 pound!
    Have a wonderful Sunday, my friend!
    Smil og klemmer fra meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a nice Sunday also - isn't life just marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tree is stunning - what a beautiful 'wake up call'.

    You found joy in every corner of your world - this is bliss!

    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks
    for this wonderful painting about you, your joy and your family.

    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  6. things in life that bring the most pleasure. What a pretty tree..

    ReplyDelete
  7. ops.........
    your new photo for the comments is BELLISSIMA.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day -- it sounds just about perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have had such lovely rain today! I talked to an old man, in his precious garden. He is so proud of his plants, & he told me they had loved the rain.
    Our garden is very appreciative too. There is much to rejoice in over here!
    You violets are just beautiful. The simple things are the truest treasures of all!
    Hugs NadineXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you've been having a wonderful day and you know how to appreciate it! Sometimes we forget the good things in all our rush!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely blossoms. I bet they smell as pretty as they look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the -1. Sounds like you had a lovely day. We have some fresh, clean, white snow here today, which means a good day to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful thing to wake up to Nadine *VBS* Such loveliness would be the beginning of a perfect day, altho I think it's probably hard to top your 'excellent mail day' *VBS*
    So happy for you, big hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nadine,

    Happy Monday! My email is down this morning. If you need to reach me use NTT.

    HUGS,
    christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those sweet sweet violets! Mine just won't flower! No idea why.
    Loved your blossom tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds a little like Spring fever. Are you a morning person by chance. I don't start feeling like that until I've been up a couple of hours.
    Blessings,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aren't Sunday mornings delightful. Yours happened some weeks ago but the one I had yesterday was just as delightful.

    Hope the absence means you are just busy and not that you are sick.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !