"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Sunday, March 2, 2008

SPRING IS IN THE AIR ....


Last week, I found some good signs of awakening in my garden and I felt like sewing something about spring :>)
I needed a short term project, so I looked into my stitcheries folders and decided to stitch that cute "Heart of Spring" by Crab-Apple Hill.
Not only did I enjoy to the most doing it, but I think it will be very cute, hanging in our-soon-to-come new kitchen....


What do you think ?



It was just filled with light batting a few minutes ago, and still needs some "massage" to get it's definite shape.

Then I thought it would be nice to stitch the heart of every season, and hang the right one through the year...

A quick check in my folders revealed that I do have the "Heart of Autumn" as well as the "Heart of Christmas"....... but NO "Heart of summer" !?!


My numerous searches through the Web were unsuccessful (it's a pattern from 2002), and I was wondering if anyone among you could eventually help me, pleazzzzzze ??? :>)


I'm ready to buy it, or exchange it.... as long as I can stitch it and so have the four seasons complete collection.


THANKS, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY


:>)

18 comments:

  1. Nadine this heart is great.......for the Summer heart have you seen here:

    https://www.quiltedheart.com/store/getdetails.php?entry_id=1092760313&PHPSESSID=h3hhotigsue3lq72h517bt2fk7

    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable, Nadine! So filled with stitching finery!!! An amazing showcase of your work.

    It would be fun to fill it with "scents" of the season, wouldn't it!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Nadine!

    Your heart looks great! Well done! I'm sure it will look wonderful in your soon new kitchen!

    Sorry I can't help you with the summer heart :(

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful. Great idea. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your heart of Spring is beautiful Nadine! Very Springy indeed - I love the bird with the worm in his mouth :)
    I've just finished a heart shaped stitchery (not as nice as yours) and have been putting off assembling it fearing the heart shape would be anything but!
    Not easy, but after seeing the lovely job you've done on yours I think I'm inspired to bite the bullet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a nice reminder of spring, I hope you will get the pattern for the summer heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That heart is adorable! I love those Crabapple Hill designs. That reminds me, I have GOT to get to work tracing out my fall pumpkin design...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, I dont have the Heart of Summer, but I am sure you will get it!
    So many kind bloggers out there, to share.
    Love the one you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Nadine, I love your stitchery heart!!! It's very lovely!!! Love it, love it! Your stitches are so beautiful. *S*
    Hugs,
    Lea from Japan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job and good luck in finding the Heart of Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is lovely, and will look even more beautiful when massaged into shape. Sorry, don't have the summer heart but will keep eyes open for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE IT!!! It is wonderful...I love the Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This heart is beautiful. Could you design a summer heart yourself? I don't think I've seen a pattern for one. There is a summer embroidery pattern that I know of, but I'll bet you could just do one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://www.primitiveblessings.com/catalog.php?category=163 There were a couple of patterns on this page that I thought might help you make something for summer. I've bought from her before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely heart Nadine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your heart looks very nice! It´s a good idea!!Liebe Grüße from Germany!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nadine

    I purchased the entire set of the heart stitcheries at pat sloan's website. Maybe she still has them.

    Yours looks great.
    Teresa / IL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !