"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

NORWAY (2) : SHOW & TELL / WORKSHOP / MUSEUM

So we went to the Thursday quilt reunion, to meet May Britt's friends for a beautiful Show And Tell... Such friendly and talented ladies ! I was in awe. I can 't show all photos, but hereunder are two examples with a gorgeous handpieced, handquilted Baltimore Album, and a stunning Lemoyne Stars quilt (my favourite)...



Friday and the whole weekend were devoted to a very special workshop : "Japanese inspiration", given by a very talented local quilter. Although it was given in Norwegian, I enjoyed it VERY much, thanks to May Britt and Irene - my local guardian angels - who cared for me, helped me so much, and translated everything. I was always "one train too late" HeeHee - but I managed, and I'm very proud of the final result... Now we still have to applique a lot of cute designs, then add a lot of stitchery, etc... but the "hardest" part is done, to me.





Poor May Britt, running from her quilt to mine, busy, busy bee.... You can see her beautiful own version on her blog, here.
A big, stunning surprise was : "THE BLUE HOUR", as Norwegian people call it, oh so beautiful, at sunset when the sky becomes and remains turquoise blue, it was magical, unforgettable...


Aaaah, here is the visit to the Norwegian Forest Museum.....

with so many interesting animals to see and a wonderful documentation on people's life, working in the forests...




I was amazed to see how Norwegian people are respectful of their traditions and history, and how talented and skillful, and courageous these men and women have been and still are....
The best was yet to come with an adventurous long walk in the snow... but that's for tomorrow ! :>)
THANKS for reading me, friends!




11 comments:

  1. Nadine,

    Of course you know I have to ask...any chance that we can find a pattern for the LeMoyne star quilt?

    The photo of the "Blue Hour" is stunning. I can only imagine the intensity of it in person. In the mountains we had something called "Alpen Glow" where everything is bathed in a pinkish rose color after the sun sets.

    Thanks for sharing your memories from your trip!
    hugs

    I

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful photos, I'm dreaming to be there thanks to your photos!!!!
    Thanks Nadine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt top is beautiful Nadine. Looking forward to seeing your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the blue sky it's really amazing... thanks for sharing Nadine :-))

    baci baci baci,
    Romy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penso tu sia tanto felice per questo magnifico viaggio in Norvegia.Bellissimo il baltimore e la LeMoyne star.E' complicato realizzarla ? Ciao, un bacio Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful photos. I especially enjoyed the hand-carved gentleman working the wheel. Is the wheel for grinding grain? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this part of your trip. It is so much fun to know ALL about your trip to May Britt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am very jealous of that japanese workshop. Both your tops look so good! Thanks for sharing the other pictures too. It seems you did have indded a wonderful time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post Nadine. Thank you for sharing all the photos, & the lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, The blue hour is something to behold - just beautiful!
    The Baltimore Album quilt all hand pieced and hand quilted too - I would love to have seen that up close and personal.
    The museum looks fascinating. It's a way of life that is far removed from anything I know.
    Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting blog, introduced by a thought-provoking photo. The unusual wall painting of the dwellings is also a strangely modern interpretation. Something like this hieroglyphic view of a park by Swiss painter Paul Klee, http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LT475.
    The image can be seen at wahooart.com who can supply you with a canvas print of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !