"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Friday, February 15, 2008

FUN MAIL - FUN MAIL - FUN STORY - FRIENDSHIP .........

What do you do when a new blogger posts a comment on your blog ? ---> You visit hers, of course ! Well, that's what I did a few months ago, when Christine ("Liberty Star Farm") came to my blog...

What do you do when a secret partner is assigned to you for a swap ? ---> You visit her blog, of course ! But do you often think that another blogger could do the same towards you ? Do you imagine that YOU are someone's secret partner, and that she's trying to know you better in order to please you as much as she can ? Well, that's what Christine did.

With time, comments became emails, sharing about our families, projects, ideas, and a new, precious friendship was born... I never knew I was her secret partner (she's a good teaser ! :>) and when I marvelled on beautiful blue Lemoyne stars she was handpiecing for a 4 Seasons Winter swap quilt, she told me : "I'll send these to you, and I'll make another quilt for my secret partner !". Can you imagine that ?

So I knew I would get these lovely stars on my return from Norway... Little did I imagine the rest of the story.

LOOKIE !
When Henri, the postman, rang my door, he was VERY excited because there was a note for him on the box ... :>)


Carefully wrapped, the stars were the first package I found inside the box... Aren't they beautiful ? I'm going to piece them on point, with crispy white squares in between. This is going to be such a lovely, special quilt ...


Sharing emails with a friend means sharing about your life, your projects, and I had told Christine about our kitchen remodelling in blue and cream tones.... Not only did she send me 7 cutie patterns to stitch on kitchen towels ---> she sent the 7 towels as well, AND two wonderful hand knitted dish clothes (these are so soft and nice that I'll be afraid to use them...)

Then came other fun surprises : charms, notecards, soap, hankies, a beautiful "Home Sweet Home" redwork stitchery pattern, and a Bow Tie templates set (how, on earth, did she know I love that one ???) HAPPY DANCE ! ... Not to speak about a very moving letter that brought tears to my eyes.
There was a last, a mysterious package at the bottom of the box, with a label "Open this one last !"... And look what was inside : MY Winter Quilt Swap ! So she NEVER told me I was her secret partner ! (and, of course, I never guessed, I'm so naïve :>)

Look how beautiful these are together !


THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, CHRISTINE, MY FRIEND
FOR THESE WONDERFUL SURPRISES.


I've got many friends through Blogland, among whom are some
VERY special ones AND good teasers,
with Darlene, and May Britt, YOU make the trio, sweetie !


VERY HEARTFULLY AND GRATEFULLY
:>)


27 comments:

  1. “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

    winnie the pooh

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nobody can have too many friends" and that's why we blog. What a great story - a real GOTCHA! I bet she's been giggling for weeks and enjoying the heck out of her little deception! How fun is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky girl. These blues are soooooo beautiful. And I know you will make something beautiful from the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise box full of marvelous treasures. And such a thoughtful new friend! I really love that 9-patch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very special and such a nice box of surprises. I love the color blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. How sweet. You are a lucky girl. Great box of goodies and a great new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A box full of treats and surprises! WooHoo! And, a note for Henri. :-)

    Enjoy, dear friend, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such wonderful gifts.......Christine has truely spoilt you.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lucky you are to received such lovely treats and treasures...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nadine...............you are very very lucky!
    I think that...............it's right that a quilter like you, who is first of all a woman with a big hearth, has a lot of friends.
    kiss
    ciao, ciao

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a lucky girl. What a beautiful day with all this surprises! I´ve watched the growing of the stars on Christines blog and I feel sad that the stars wouldn´t make their journey to my home:-))) But I´m so happy that they have a new home with you! Catch the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are just wonderful!
    Do you remember me? I asked you to be my mentor? I know, I've not asked many questions. I began a "beginner's" class. And I've ordered my new quilter's machine. I am going to post some photos this week.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what great gifts, and what a surprise! Thanks for sharing your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean, you don´t suspect new visitors to be your swap partner. You sure got a big box and a LOT of goodies, those star blocks are beautiful and of course also the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great story! I especially like the note on the box for Henri! So glad you had such a good visit to Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a happy package for both you and Henri*s* Your winter swap piece is just wonderful . . . can hardly wait for spring to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow what fun packages!
    I love the winter quilt she made for you, it is beautiful.
    the hand pieced star blocks are just beautiful...lucky girl you are!
    that was so nice of her to send them to you. Can't wait to see what you make with them.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet story- Christine must be a true friend and a sweetheart! Enjoy all your lovely gifts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful gift from your swap partner! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, aren't you spoilled! Lovely goodies! I bet you're still smilling from ear to ear! C'est magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh those stars are gorgeous! and the 9 patch is just too cute! What a wonderful, wonderful package!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Nadine, *VBS*, what a lovely post! And you know, I can't think of anyone more deserving of a great suprise than you!! I'm so happy for you with the goodies and the friendship.
    You brighten every day my friend. Big hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, what marvelously beautiful blocks and winter quilt! You are so lucky and blessed in your friendships Nadine! I'm sure that's because you are such a special sweet person yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fun Christine must have had assembling everything for you and to include a note to the postman .... well it must have made his day, too! What great treasures you have.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, they'll look wonderful together. How fun to receive them in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the story with the bridge and what a wonderful box full of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful box of goodies you received.
    The quilt blocks are so beautiful as is the quilt.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !