"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ITALIAN ANGELS...

Today my mailbox was filled with Italian angels. Happy Dance !



You may remember I had signed in a X-stitch swap with a fantastic group of Italian ladies, some time ago. Well , I've got my secret partner's present from Romina.

Romina is an extraordinary, funny woman: a busy wife and mother, a very talented, helpful X-stitcher, with a huge sense of humor, and a biiiiig heart. Go and visit her Blog (you can leave a comment she speaks Italian, English and French), you won't waste your time.... As the organizer of the swap, Romina thought she would be my secret partner, as I was the only Belgian participant. Now, isn't that sweet ? And look what she sent to me ! Two cute X-stitched pincushions on a memo frame with pins, a bunch of homemade buttons (made out of "Fimo" material), ribbons, lace, embroidery DMC cotons, and a Xmas note book.... My, oh My !

THANKS, ROMINA !

GRAZIE MILLE, NEL FONDO DEL MIO CUORE !









The second envelope was from TEODO, ("Appunti Patch") one of our talented quilter friends from Italy. Teodo has golden hands : she can transform almost anything into a small treasure, and she's doing so much for the Italian quilting association ! (but she will tell you the contrary, because she's very modest !). Some time ago, she showed some cuuuute "Biedermeier" on her Blog, and I complimented her with much enthusiasm (me??? enthusiast ?????) . Well, Teodo didn't forget that, and she sent one to me, + a very delicate Xmas ornament...

THANKS, TEODO !

CHE BELLA SORPRESA DA TE !

(Mi sento veramente speziale, grazie a te)

By the way, Teodo also helped me to install the music your listening to, right now on my Blog. (Like it ???)...







I thought I could also show you my own participation to the Italin X-stitch swap. It took me some time and efforts (I'm not used to X-stitch), but I like it, and I sincerely hope the (still secret) recipient will love it too...




I won't finish this post without telling you that I'm so sorry for not leaving many comments on your Blogs, for the moment : school is "pumping" me a lot with the winter exams, deliberations, etc.... but I'll catch up when on holidays, promised !



TODAY ' S QUOTE


a beautiful song written by Johnny Richards in 1953, and sung by Frank Sinatra(Wanna listen to it ? click on the title on my sidebar player)-

YOUNG AT HEART

Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you,

If you're young at heart,

For it's hard, you will find, to be narrow of mind,

If you're young at heart.

You can go to extremes with impossible schemes,

You can laugh when your dreams fall apart at the seams,

And life gets more exciting with each passing day,

And love is either in your heart, or on its way.

Don't you know that it's worth every treasure on earth,

To be young at heart,

For as rich as you are, it's much better by far,

To be young at heart.

And if you should survive to 105,

Look at all you'll derive out of being alive !

Then here is the best part : you have a head start,

If you are among the very young at heart...


11 comments:

  1. Nadine you're so sweet that is a REAL pleasure to make you a present :-)))

    Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you did have a great mail day! And what you made is beautiful too! I love your music on your sidebar - I"m jammin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you hit the jackpot with your friends and secret pal. No one deserves this more than you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cross stitch projects just look like such fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking giftees! Loving the music!

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what beautiful presents you've been receiving and making!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some lovely gifts there. Those buttons are soooooooo cute!! And she made them?

    You did a lovely job on the cross stitch you made as well. I bet the receiver will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nadine, you are one of the sweetest Bloggers I know!
    I love your music, & I love that song, Young at Heart!
    your work is always wonderful, & your posts reflect how lovely you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanted to stop by and say hello! What lovely cross stitch projects you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are getting a lot of fun mail. Your stitchery swap is beautiful, I like that "woman" santa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !