"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Sunday, November 25, 2007

COOKIES, BUTTERFLIES AND X-MAS GIFTIES...

This little gentleman is spending 2 days with me. We're planning to bake cookies, taste them and have a good time, "Just the two of us"...


As you may know, I'm planning to stitch Leanne's "Butterfly Garden" (see Oct.12th post)
I spent some time, looking for the main fabric, that would help me choose the complementary ones, out of my stash, and finally found this treasure at my local quilt shop. The shop owner says it's so different from the bright tones I'm using, but it was love at first sight. It's a Japanese fabric, so sweet, elegant and delicate... (I guess this made her think it's not quite "me" LOL LOL), and will be perfect with bright pastels + some reds......


I'm also in a very lucky period for the moment, as I was the lucky winner of Gwen 's giveaway for her 50th Blog post . (As a funny coincidence Gwen had recently been the winner of my own 150th post giveaway !). And look at these treasures : a gorgeous piece of French fabric (2 yards !) from Provence, a bunch of homespuns, and lovely, lovely ribbons.... THANKS GWEN, I'm thrilled ! The fabric will make beautiful placemats + a table topper for our new kitchen-to-be ( as a matter of fact, we ordered new kitchen furnitures from a "Provence" collection, for next spring). As to the ribbons : I'm starting a collection, now !



Now I'd better go back, working at my Christmas gifts. Look at Santa : he seems to be in a hurry !


23 comments:

  1. But, I want to come and help bake cookies also. I'm especially good at taste testing. Love the new floral fabric. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a sweetie! Enjoy baking cookies with him. I loved to do those things with my grandmother, you never forget those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to taste cookies, but I'd rather hug and kiss on that adorable young man- grandmothers have the most fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he is so cute. I know you love having him around. And he will have so much fun baking cookies with grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to be spending time with that cute young man. The rose fabric is gorgeous. It's not my usual style either but I'd buy it in a second. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have a great little cookie-baking-helper there! Congrats on winning that gorgeous stash! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable little "man" he is, enjoy your time baking with him. Just love your floral fabric, beautiful, and what a wonderful package you received from Gwen... lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little one is so precious! His rosey cheeks are adorable! Love your vintage looking fabric and all your goodies from your winning. I'd say Santa is in a hurry! Looks like he's wearing running shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun,just the two of you :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you have the cutest cookie baker pal? Enjoy the time together. Congratulations on your latest win, too. You're getting to be the lucky one, too. VBG

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! Cookie baking with an adorable little man. Now need to say which is sweeter... Enjoy!

    Oh my, love the pretties you received recently from Gwen! The rose fabric is calling me... I sometimes wonder if that's because I live in a house full of males and I'm trying to equalize things with adding roses and such feminine delights. ;o) Can't wait to see what you will make with your new treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your GS is adorable, Nadine! I bet you guys have lots and lots of fun! Cookies sounds yummy - can I pop in for a taste? *lol* ... no, that's right, it's "just the two of you" *lol

    Your fabric for the Butterfly Garden is gorgeous! I just love those japanese fabrics! I really look forward to seeing your version - have a feeling it will be very different from mine, but Oh, so pretty!

    Take care! Klemmer og smil :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your "Little man" is BELLISSIMO..........
    and I think that LA NONNA was very happy spending two days with him.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, such a beautiful child. You are going to have a grand time making cookies and tasting them too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute little guy - adorable!
    Your new fabric is gorgeous and the prize you won is just wonderful!
    I know you will make some beautiful things from your new stash.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh congrats on the win! I have to start watching mine - it will soon be the big 500!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy the time with your little man. My son (7) did some power baking last Sunday and although it tasted very good, He still needs a bit of improvement on the " clean up after you´ve finished" side!
    I am glad you like the presents.
    I love the rose fabric too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a cute little boy! I love the fabric you choose for your new project..very pretty fowers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sure you will have a great time baking and TASTING.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have fun with your cutie -- and that rose fabric is just plain yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a blessing!! 2 days with that little guy would be the BEST CHristmas gift ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH THAT FACE!!! I hope you got lots of cheeky little hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !