"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

THANK YOU

With these beautiful autumn flowers, I wish to thank all of you, my friends, who posted a comment, or sent an email to me. You'll never know how much these helped me... Look at the big sunflower, it's beautiful and symbolizes what I felt from you.



Typing "helping hands" on my Yahoo, led me to this image. I like it ! It makes me think it could be a fabric. I've seen that style, somewhere.. If so, do you know about it ? I'd love to buy some and put it in a quilt...



I didn't feel like quilting, these days. I wanted something small, with an immediate result. So I prepared these two Bronwyn Hayes complementary stitcheries. They come from her very first book, and say : 1) "keep a little sunshine in your pocket" - 2) "and save it for a cloudy day"...

I started the first one in redwork. The 2nd one will be in bluework. I intend to make a stitchery bag with them, one on each side. I guess this won't take too long for me to send it to a very special friend , as a small compensation... : )

**********

OOPS ! I almost forgot I have been tagged by Finn for a little game, using each letter of my name to find a word describing me, moi ...

Now this requires some precisions : you may be surprised to know that I was not intended to be named Nadine, rather Marie ! How come ? Well in 1951, you still had to go to the Town Hall, in order to declare the birth of a child within 3 days. It was well stated between my parents that Marie was my name, but then my father heard someone declare the birth of a Nadine at the Town Hall, and he found this name much better to his taste. (I suspect him to have "celebrated" with a glass or two)... So that's what he did, declaring me as "Nadine" (with - Marie - and - Françoise- as 2nd and 3rd names). He didn't dare saying that to my mum before a few days/weeks, and she kept calling me "Marie"....

The funny thing about this, is that I never really felt as a - Nadine - (seldom and strange name, isn't it?), and I much more prefer Marie - or Mary !

Can you imagine how EASY and nice Finn's game would have been with Marie :

M------>Magnificent !

A------>Adorable !

R------>Resourceful !

I------>Incomparable !

E------>Extraordinary !

But well, things being what they are, I'll play with Nadine.

N------> Nonsense

A------> All-spice

D------> Different

I------> Incorrigible

N------> Naïve

E------> Estrogen

See my what I mean ?

********

Today, my gratitude is YOU and your caring friendship.

Looking for an inspiring QUOTE, I found this text (author unknown) :

As a knot appears unexpectedly in a thread,

So disappointment blocks the smoothness of life...

If a few deft strokes can untangle the skein,

Life continues evenly.

But if it cannot be corrected, then it must be

quietly woven into the design,

Thus the finished piece can still be beautiful,

Although not exactly as planned...

**********



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !