"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Saturday, October 6, 2007

CHECKING IN

When visiting Connie (Simply Quilted) today, I discovered her new (free) Susan Branch's screen wallpaper, and loved it. Of course, I chose one for me too ! I love trees, autumn trees, and this one has got sayings written in its branches...



What else ? Aaaah, yes : I've been tagged by May Britt, for a Meme, so here we go :




4 jobs I've had :




- Perfume shop saleswoman (student job)




- Bakery saleswoman (student job)




- Executive secretary




- Teacher (for 23 years now)




4 films I could watch over and over




- How to make an American patchwork




- The color purple




- Le dîner de Babette




- Giant




and so many more...(as long as you laugh and cry --->I want for my money !)




4 TV shows I watch :




- Little House on the Prairie (I'm in love with Charles !)




- Friends




- Keeping up Appearances (BBC)




- Absolutely Fabulous (BBC)




4 places I've lived :




- La Louvière - Belgium (where I was born)




- Bujumbura (Burundi) (with my parents who worked there)




- Kisangani (Congo) (see above)




- La Louvière (Belgium) ---> where I married, settled, and made a family




4 favorite foods :




- Chicken (all recipes, with a special mention to curry sauce, yummy !)




- Italian cooking of course ! (all recipes)




- Soup (all of them - with bread and butter ---> sooo comforting !)




- Bread, cheese and a glass of red wine........... Mmmmmmmm !




4 favorite colors :




Red




Orange




Brown




Green




Yellow (sorry, it had to be there also !)




4 places I would love to be right now :




- In Spain, on our apppartment terrace, just in front of the sea....




- In the biggest quiltshop ever in the US




- Visiting an antique quilts market place




- In a nice body shop, where I could get a two hours massage (at least!)




4 names I love, but could/would not use for my children :




- Rose




- Lilly




- John




- Sean




4 people I love to tag with this Meme :




- Laïla (Jacobs Quilt)




- Hanne (Hanne's Quilt Corner)




- Bren (Pieces from Me)




- Tanya (Taniwa)













SAYING FOR TODAY :

See big tree, above...








Have a very nice weekend, you all !













10 comments:

  1. OK....now I know what to give you to eat when you come to Norway LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will come with you Nadine - to Spain and the quilt shops and then we will both go for a massage :))

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing :-)))
    -I've worked on a bakery
    - I ADORE Friends
    - I love chicken with curry
    :-)))
    And I'd love to come with you to Spain... but I'd also love to come TO YOU in Belgium LOL!!!

    baci baci
    bisous

    Romy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that Susan Branch wallpaper on my computer. Such words of wisdom. I think I may change my picture tomorrow, since I just took some photos of DD when we were buying pumpkins today. I'll blog those pictures tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous fall photo, but I can I join you in Spain?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nadine nice meme
    and..... we share some things

    I'm a RETIRED TEACHER
    I like THE COLOR PURPLE
    I watch FRIENDS
    I love ITALIAN COOK
    My favorite colour in absolute is BROWN
    I would like to stay for a week in a big quilt shop....
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Susan Branch tree! How cool! I've had no fun jobs and no fun places where I've lived! I"ve had a very boring life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. Now I have learned a lot about you.I will tell you about me on my blog. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !