"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

AWARDS AND FUN MAIL

Yesterday I was blessed and honoured to get the
by BREN (http://piecesfromme.blogspot.com/) . I was quite amazed, as I think so many among us are thoughtful persons. But I'll take Linda's words to say that I gladly and graciously accept this award, as it was offered to me. THANKS, Bren!

The "game" is now to attribute 5 awards (and unfortunately, 5 only), but the fun is that I've got the choice between different ones. Please go to this reference site and read the rules



Also, please remember to remind this ref.link, when attributing your own chosen awards.



So, here we go with my choices now :




when seeing this one, I immediately thought about :



and


These two special friends have beautiful, generous, caring souls. I won't list here the many times I was their lucky recipient (and not only with fun envelopes, or packages). They know what I mean, and I take this opportunity to show them how much I appreciate their friendship...



For this award, I could not dissociate 3 names :



This lady has a real talent for writing and as an accomplished quilter, and she also brings me to the essential. To me, Finn is a great source of inspiration and simplicity.



I don't know her blog for quite a long time, but I visit her every day since, and I always find quilty treasures in there. Here again, simple blocks and scrap quilts seem to be the key words.





Lucy ("Quilting with the Past") (http://lucyquilting.blogspot.com/)


Lucy has this precious talent to create "new vintage quilts", as I'm calling them.

Each of her quilts is a heirloom, with an actual look but a traditional feeling.

I would dream of living a full week workshop with her....




You will understand, my friends, that I could have given many, many, more awards as all of you have that "little something" that makes you so special to me, but the rule is the rule : 5 awards only !


Note : I deliberately avoided the Courageous Blogger Award, as well as the Charity Blogger one, as the friends I had chosen had already been awarded.




****************


And, yess, the dream goes on : Henri the Postman rang my bell again ! Let me show you my treasures for today :




A few weeks ago, Sandy (Gipsy Quilter) had posted a funny game, about lovely chicky pincushions she had made : she was asking about names for these "ladies"... and I won ! And "Aunt Bertha" didn't travel alone : Sandy generously filled her package with numerous, vintage 2 inches 1/2 squares, plus a beautiful piece of Americana fabric... How sweet ! THANKS, Sandy ! Aunt Bertha is now proudly running my pincushions poultry, and she seems quite happy about it....


Genie (http://luv2stitch.blogspot.com/) also emailed me about "a little something" she had sent out to me "just because"... Actually, Genie knows about my coming back to some (only some !) cross stitching, and said "I saw this one in my quiltshop,. When taking one for me, I immediately thought about you, so here it is!" Can you believe that ?... THANKS, Genie ! I cannot promise an immediate accomplishment, but how about a little challenge for next Easter ?



TODAY' S QUOTE :








5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award Nadine and i really wish Henri would work for Aust. Post lol
    Ur fun mail looks great. Cant wait to see some of ur Xstitches. The one Jeanie has recently posted looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your well deserved award. You are a true joy to all you meet!

    And, thank you for the award you have bestowed - I appreciate it so much. I only treat everyone as I like to be treated. Thank you, my friend!

    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A well deserved award Nadine!
    Love the latest batch of goodies that Henri delivered.
    I think he deserves postman of the year award don't you?

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are thoughtful Nadine, congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get to meet to many Nadine's, so I had to stop by and say hi. Congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !