"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

NORWAY, HERE I COME !


YESS ! It's done, it's settled, it's blocked on the agendas : I'm going to visit May Britt for a whole week, from January 31st to February 8th, 2008 !

Isn't that exciting ? We were talking about that for a few months. It started with the usual "some day...", then went on with "yes, but when ?...", and now 18.799 emails later, it's a deal.

You know how May Britt can organize things to the best :

-I'm going to rest at the best hotel in Norway : her home. (Oh, my Goodness, the giggles !),
- She has planned a weekend class, with a famous Norwegian quilter.... and has booked a ticket for me, as well, with everything arranged for translation and the quilt shop lending me a sewing machine (Oh, my Goodness, what will they think of me when they realize I get totally stupid in front of these "robots!),
- And of course, she told all her friends how crazy, silly and clowny I am ( Oh, my Goodness, and I desperately planned to look classy, distinguished, elegant... everything but me !),
- I think I'll meet some of our Blogging friends, also :Laïla (Jacobs Quilt), Hanne (Hanne's Quilt Corner), and of course May Britt's local quilt Group. (Oh, my Goodness, I absolutely HAVE TO lose some weight !)...

Now, let me tell you, my friends that I'm taking this opportunity as a big gift of life. From the moment the whole thing was settled, I'm reading about Norway, talking about Norway, (and sometimes dreaming about Norwegians ! LOL LOL).
This will be my very first trip "all by myself" since my marriage (seems that the big "little girl" is growing !), and the first time I 'll take the plane for 25 years (Oh, my Goodness, I have to start some Yoga/relaxation lessons...).

I'll stop here, as I have to check some thick coats and pullovers in my latest winter catalog LOL ....(-25°C , can you imagine ?)...


GRATITUDES
- the unexpected gifts of life,
- Norway,
- Norwegians,
- planes (I'm sea sick)
- warm coats and boots
TODAY'S QUOTE
The road to a friend's home is never long


24 comments:

  1. YIIIIPPPPPIIIIII......you are coming. OMG I have to learn how to behave LOL
    But what do you tell me....haven't you taken a plane for 25 years????
    Be sure to bring a lot of giggles. we are going to have such fun.

    I am doing my snoopy giggle dance now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such exciting news! Oh my goodness how will you contain your excitement until then. Count to 10 and take many deep breaths! Have you started counting down the days????

    I'm so excited for you and May Britt!

    I'll do a snoopy giggle dance across the hot desert for you and May Britt. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I am jealous.........shame I live so far away it costs so much money.........there will be no sense coming from both of you that week and you will be beyond excited.......there will be piles of giggles and stitching.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am jealous, too! What fun you will both have. I hope you will take time to blog about the giggles and quilt class. I'm very excited for you, Nadine and know you'll have the very best time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to have such a good time! I am envious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very much looking forward to see you Nadine ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness -- I am so excited for you!!!!!!!

    You will have to post a message for us everyday that you are there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to have a super time, Nadine, I know it!! Norway is beautiful - it's landscape and it's people. Too bad I'm not a little closer...

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting for you! You will have such a great time - and I can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nadine,
    Sounds like you are going to have soooo much fun. Be sure to get the camera ready as we would all love to see lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that sounds like so much fun. How far away is it from you? So exciting to have that to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very exciting news. You guys will have a blast together. I hope you'll post for us everyday, we want to share in the festivities too.
    How ever are you going to sleep for the next few months...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG how fun! I will have to try and come down and meet you as well, May Britt lives about 2 1/2 hrs from me :) Would love to meet you!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Nadine, I always see your comments on different blogs, so time to pay you a visit! How wonderful you are going to Norway and to see May Britt! I hope you enjoy your stay in Norway. You surely will!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess we have to have a get together party with all the your/our norwegian friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky you. You will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I could congratulate in norwegian! I will just say that I am very happy for you and I hope you will share all the giggles, laughters and quilt adventures with us on your blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nadine, I think that will be a fantastic vacation.
    Moreover I think that in that period I will not sleep because your voices will arrive to Italy :-p
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  19. How very exciting! I'm sure that you will have the best possible time, but you must be sure to return and tell us all about it so we feel that we were there along with you and not sitting at home all by ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nadine - how very exciting for you . . . and just think, all of us bloggers will get to go with you. It's going to be a fun, fun, fun time *s*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Nadine!!!!I am happy for you! I think that you will have a lot of fun in Norway with blog friens :)))) I will think about you, I hope for so much that one near day will succeed in seeing this beautiful country :))))

    ReplyDelete
  22. How completely wonderful for you Nadine! You so deserve this! This will be the first time you've met in person, right?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how exciting! You are going to have such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Please give May and Hanne a big hug from me and ask them to give you a big hug from me right back.

    You are going to have such a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !