"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

FLIP, FLIP, FLIP...... FLOP !



I had decided to start my -Autumn- quilt, for the "4-Seasons Quilt Swap", due September 30th, which leaves me about 3 weeks until shipping day... O.M.G. !

So I (very) quickly accomplished my GH (Good Housekeeper) tasks, and started browsing through my books, and magazines...

I took the first pile... flip, flip, flip.....
then the second one......., flip, flip.....

and a third one..... flip, flip, flipping again....

At noon, it was a complete flop ! I couldn't find was I was looking for (OK, I admit I didn't know what I was looking for)...

In the afternoon, I changed strategy : went to my stash and sorted out the ones speaking "Autumn" to me.... two hours later (yes two, because each fabric reminds me some quilt, or project, or place, or friend) my living room was totally invaded with browns, rusties, burgundies, greens, yellows, golds, oranges,... (did I tell you that autumn is my favourite season ?).


So now, I'm going to DECIDE and PRODUCE ! I promised myself I won't go to bed without a project in progress on the table...


Blogging is wonderful : while typing this post, I realize that the project is emerging from this little brain of mine... yes, I can clearly see it now.... oh yes, it's going to be nice... and not too difficult (smiles)...


So, hopefully, I'll come back tomorrow, with something to show you....


In the meantime, I still have two pics : now that Anne Ida (Quiltoholic) has got her stitchery swap from me, I can share it with you (thanks for your patience).


It's a Bronwyn Hayes pattern, from her "Polka Dots Girls" book and I really enjoyed doing it (May Britt says I'm progressing... practice, practice...).




GRATITUDES :

- A letter from my youngest sister, with nice photos of my mother

- Many forgotten patterns, while browsing through my books & mags.

- A new one-year quilting class, (once a month) with a GREAT teacher, starting tomorrow at our small quilt shop (seven seats only, and I got mine !.. I'll stick to it!)

- New - successful - recipe tonight for supper.

- New shoes.

TODAY's QUOTE

Creation is 30 percent inspiration

and 70 percent perspiration...

10 comments:

  1. I hate it when the flip, flip, flip doesn't lead to a project. Of course, sometimes the opposite happens - you keep flipping and the To Do list gets longer.

    Enter me in your 150th blog post drawing. The tin box is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Polka Dot girl is adorable! I'm finally working on one but I'm doing it completely in red - they are so cute.

    I can't wait to see what you decide to do for your Autumn Swap.

    You must tell us about your one year class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make me giggle. I can see you in your sewingroom flipping and flipping LOL
    Autumn is also my favorite season. Candlelight and hot tea while its getting colder outside.
    Tell us more abou the one year quilting class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can't wait to see what you've come up with, Nadine. I'm sure it will be beautiful!

    Great job on the stitchery. I really should give it a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous stitchery for your swap - your partner is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We want to see pictures of the fabrics!!! Pictures of the progress!!! We can´t wait (well I can´t anyway!). I have started stitchery too and I love yours, Anne Ida is very lucky. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your embroidery is looking really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !