"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

FALL IS COMING.....

Remember yesterday evening ? At last, I knew what I was going to do for the 4 Seasons Quilt Swap : a simple (big) square in a square (accuracy is not my cup of tea), with lots of applique.
WOW, I spent a terrific evening (and night - I went to sleep at 3.30 am - HeeHee), sorting out, cutting, basting flowers, leaves, vines...(needleturn is not my cup of coffee), and I had so much fun ! I was even ready to stay at my working (kitchen) table until breakfast, but feared some looooong moral speech from DH, about my precious health, so I tiptoed to bed, still making plans, my fingers burning to keep going... You know what I mean, I'm sure...

The most difficult part had been to choose the background, but I stick to it : black is just perfect to highlight those wonderful Batiks.... The two fabrics you see next to my block are for the triangles (the orange one) and the binding (the green one).

Boy, how I love it ! And yet I'm feeling anxious, somehow : Will the recipient love that black background ? - Does she appreciate Batiks ? (not everyone does !) - Does it really show autumn ? - OMG how difficult it is to create for someone else ! Well, I've decided to tell "her" to feel free sending it back to me if she doesn't like it, and I'll make something else (yes, but what then ? LOL LOL). In the meantime, I'm making it very heartfully and I'm having so much fun !

Back to my applique now ! (Tomorrow I'll tell you about the quilting workshop I had today, it was GREAT !)...

PS : THANK YOU so much to those who have the patience to email me, when they cannot post a comment on my bl...... Blog ! And my sincere apologies that I still can't post many comments on your Blogs, you can be sure I'm reading all of you, first thing each morning (and last thing each evening). Smiles !

23 comments:

  1. This sure looks promising, I am sure your pal will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one wonderful block! The black is perfect. If your friend doesn't like it, you can send it here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful - you're swap partner is going to love it. I can understand that you wanted to continue to sew till morning. LOL When we're having a good time it's difficult to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Nadine...that block is just beautiful and I'm sure whoever gets it will just love it. I see a couple of batiks in there that I have in my collection.

    I had no problem whatsoever posting a comment to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooooove it. I understand you wanting to continue sewing on it instead of going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoever gets it will just LOVE it - because it is wonderful. It is very much like fall.

    I know how you feel - I did not join the swap because I am so worried someone would not like what I made for them. I shouldn't be like that - and I see all the lovely things that are now being shown on all the blogs now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful start. Wish I had joined the swap this time, lol, just to get something as beautiful as that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lucky person who receives that quilt will just love it - how could they not? It is amazing! The black background is perfect and even though I'm not a great batik person (yet....!) I love the fabrics and colours. And the quality of the work is incredible! How can you bear to part with it? I haven't forgotten about your star block - I think it will have to wait until the children go back to school though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is just beautifull and I am sure the recipient will love it too. I know the worries you have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They would have to be totally crazy not to love it! You are right, the black is the perfect background for those battiks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!

    It's fall here, too. 5C outside this evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bellissimo........ peccato che non partecipo a questo swap.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning, simply stunning. You do incredible applique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Nadine, that is GORGEOUS!! Who wouldn't LOVE to find this 'fun mail' in their box!!! The black background is a perfect 'background' for brilliant Fall foliage!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty, Nadine . . . someone is going to be very happy to receive your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nadine, it's gorgeous. If it gets returned to you, I'll take it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing a picture. It is so nice, I can understand how your night turned out so short! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nadine that is soooo beautiful. Now wonder you are so excited about it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I was your swap partner. I love your applique block!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's just perfect and the black really shows off the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nadine, this is truly marvelous! I can't imagine anyone not loving it. I don't ever use batiks myself, but would still love to receive semething like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !