"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Thursday, June 7, 2007

- WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS -


With your permission, I'd like to ask for some eventual help :


While "blogs-browsing" tonight, I "quilt fell in love" (yes ! again !) with a beautiful quilt made by Julie of "Feeling simply quilty" - see her last post (in the meantime, check her whole blog, it's beautiful, and full of tips and bright ideas !).


Of course, I left a comment to Julie and asked about the pattern name. Fifteen minutes later, I had my answer (the quilter's world is really fantastic ! It always amazes and enchants me).

So Julie told me the pattern name :- "Bloomin roses" - and it comes from this magazine :

McCall's Quilting - issue April 2006 (see picture hereunder).

I know McCall's and already put some orders, a few months ago... So I ran to their web site and tried to order the magazine...


Well, when I reached the "check out" page, I had a "security alert", advising me to LEAVE immediately, as my information could be pirated!

WOW WOW ! I ran away (didn't want my precious, cherished VISA to be copied ! LOL)

Now this adventure leaves me a little bit "colder" about ordering there (and I regret it. McCall's have always been very quick and reliable against my orders...it's not their fault).


SO, YOU GUESS MY QUESTION :

Would any friend, among you, have this magazine issue, and be ready to sell it ? (+ postage to Belgium, of course !)


I'm crossing my fingers (and toes !) LOL




**************************************************************************

I also would like to say A BIG, WARM, THANK YOU to all of you, for your kind, touching, comments for our wedding anniversary !

YOU ARE MY GRATITUDE FOR TODAY !




THOUGHT OF THE DAY :

"Don't ask, and you'll never know the answer !"

(My beloved Grandmother)








9 comments:

  1. Nadine, I LOVE the picture of the border collie and sheep. I"ve got to send that to my Emily as she loves border collies and it makes us think of our Chloe!

    I"ll take a look and see if I have that mag!

    Actually I have to go to Julies site and see the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a little bit different take on the McCall's experience, I think--how lucky you were that you received the warning! Was that something from the McCall's site or your computer security? I'll have to check out the latest love of your life--the McCall's pattern! LOL! Happy belated anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may very well have it - let me take a look. Won't be able to until Saturday night at the earliest however - I have a guild "sew along" after work tomorrow, then Cher and I are cutting scraps all day on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have it! I'll check tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not get the site! But I wish you sincere success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure there is a quilter out there with a copy for you, if not you might try calling them directly. Good luck with your search.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the magazine, Nadine, and you're welcome to have it. I'm trying to scale back on my magazines so this is a great chance for you to help me out.

    If you can reply to this email then please send me your address and I'll put it in the mail tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nadine, Thanks for the kind words about my blog. I really like yours also.

    Did you get any information in the mail? Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes!!i have this one i am from italy,do you want yet this mag or not??we can have a mag swap!!!thank you for showing your works!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !