"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

PLAYING ALONG......


I've been tagged by Connie (Simply quilted), to list 7 things you don't know about me, and I jump right into it, as I didn't know what to tell/show you today.... So, thanks Connie, for the inspiration !


Here we go,


7 things you don't know about me :


1.
I love, love Lucille Ball ! I can watch her films a thousand times, and I still get an endless giggle ! (Do you remember, when she scratches the grapes, barefoot ? Hilarious !) If I could choose one woman to be, it would be Lucille. I think that the ability of making people laugh and feel happy, is a real talent, and a gift to share.....


2.
Once a month, I visit an old people retirement home, laughing and singing, together with them, sometimes I read some book, or poems aloud, they like that, it helps them fall asleep
. I love them, they're my "babies"...


3.
As we say here, I've got "two left hands", especially with my sewing machine. "She" (I could swear she's alive) always gets control upon me, she frightens me, she intimidates me : only two weeks ago did I realize that this tiny "thing" on her left ankle was to cut the thread ! She never told me, in ten years !


4.
Now, my feet : my second toes are much loooonger than the other ones. They say it's the "Egyptian feet", I say it's one shoe size more !


5.
Only one man could have me make "a big mistake" : Clark Gable (Aaah, Reth Buttler !)....( well, maybe two : Rock Hudson was so handsome, too !... But he could only have been my brother...).


6.
No matter how late I go to bed, I have to read some pages, even in the wee hours of the morning (which is often the case as, most of you, my dear friends are getting up when I'm getting down...).


7.
I'd love to visit China, or Japan. I don't know why ... These countries fascinate me...


Whew ! Done ! Now that you know some of my secrets, please... keep them secret... LOL


So now, do I have to tag five other friends ? OK ! I'm tagging :
Darlene (Quilting Daze)
May Britt (Abyquilt)
Hanne (Hanne's Quilt Corner)
Cynthia (Aussie Quilter)
Suze (The Thread and I)
Can't wait, reading 7 things I don't know about YOU.....


One special gratitude, today : to SUZE (The Thread and I), for a wonderful friendship surprise in my mailbox ! THANKS, Suze!

14 comments:

  1. Good! I'll keep telling YOU about Japan. You tempt me with the 365 quilt. What is it supposed to look like when it is finished? I'm telling myself I have to decide by my birthday and then start or not start. But if I do it, I want to use your month labels! Keep showing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadine, Thanks for going along with the tag. You wrote a great list! I'm an "I Love Lucy" fan too...big time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Lucy fan as well. I never tire of her episodes, and many "seem" like I've never seen them before! Great post today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy is one of a kind. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list. Maybe you should give your sewing machine a name, like that you feel like you know her better and then you could offer her the "tu"! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nadine,*VBS* I just had to stop over and say thank you for the lovely comment a day or two ago. It's interesting that just reading your words seem to 'steady' me and let me continue to uncover where my heart really resides. Thank you for that, and for a really fun peek into "you"...*VBS* I love the project I see going, and I'm dying to know, you are making a Laura's Quilt???? Please tell me more. Hugs, Finn P.S. Love the 365 journal, that's where I saw a referance to Laura..*S*

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was fun finding out more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nadine - thanks for your comments on my post - how did you do it so quickly? I have only just finished posting it - WOW!! I have just changed two of the photos for better ones - photography is not my strong point!! Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy!!! what a woman!!! fun, vibrant and so witty.........Clark OMG i was in love with him the first time i saw Gone with the Wind!!!! great post Nadine!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy smashing the grapes is one of my all time favorite episodes - I laugh very hard everytime I watch it. LOL

    Nice to know a little more about you, my friend. Thanks for the tag - I have to think!

    Happy Friday!

    BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very very nice.

    Thanks for the link.

    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nadine, thanks for visiting me and for the nice comments. It is still hard for me to believe I can communicate with someone so far away with a few clicks on a keyboard. What a small world we live in. I have read your blog several times, so was nice to get a response from you, I thank Finn for that.I am not good with posting pics(have to have help from DH), but he is pretty good. Thank you again for the nice comments, I do enjoy reading your blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun to learn these things about you! I'm with you when it comes to Clark Gable - and I remember how amazed I was when I learned that Rock Hudson had been gay! Loved him in the show ith Susan St. James - I think it was McMillan and wife.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !