"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"JUMPING OUT OF THE BOX"...





Pulling myself out of this "slump", I'm learning sooo much while browsing through Quilters Blogland !

For the second time, this week, I visited Tracey's blogs : "Thee Handworks", and also her previous blog "Quiltjunkie"... OMG ! I know many of you read her, but please if you don't, go to :
http://lonequilter.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_archive.html
This is her previous blog, and her post dated 20th January entitled "Revelation - parts 1 and 2" . And indeed, Tracey has just put into words my own feeling. THANKS, Tracey !

Now, I'm going to try to find Gwen Marston's book ("Classic four block applique quilts"), and dive into it... Then I'll "swing my leggs out of my box" and we'll see what happens...

7 comments:

  1. If you really want to jump out of the box, have a look at Gwen's "Collaborative Quilting". It has influenced me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you get out of the box very soon. When you have finished Laura's quilt you can start something new. I guess that's the big problem right now. You wanting to start something new, but you are feeling guilty concering all your ufos. Please start something new imidiately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no doubt you will do something wonderful! I love your "jump out of the box" cartoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping fretting about those "sleeping beauties". If it'll make you feel better, put them away, out of sight! Jump of the box and start something fun and new! Something that will rev up your creative juices again.

    Relaxing and enjoying is so difficult for us! Why is that? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracey is a sweetie; we've been online friends for years. She's such an inspirational person.

    I'd say just sew on anything to get your groove back. Can't wait to see your next beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will love the four block applique book Nadine. It is almost my bible :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't leave a comment on your most recent post, so commenting here. Glad you took inventory and are feeling somewhat refreshed. You're right, no use feeling sorry.

    Congrats on the weight loss, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !