"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Saturday, May 19, 2007

MOVING ON...



I'm slooooowly emerging from that quilting slump and I wish to thank all my friends, who posted such nice, friendly, (and wise) messages of encouragement ! You are all such a blessing in my life..
The inventory was not that bad : (too much for me, anyway)
- 9 tops to be quilted (hand quilters are GREAT toppers...LOL)
- about the same amount of UFO's>>>>> abandonned
- 6 WIP's
- a rather big stash (3 shelves, with some interesting pieces, and many "???")
(with "???" please read : "why on earth, did I buy that???")
SO... I put everything aside in biiiig boxes, labelled : "light", "medium", "dark", "Ufo's" (I really didn't want to see them any longer !). Then I kept the Wip's on one shelve, and took one on my working table : the Christmas quilt (square in a circle - folding technique - hand piecing). I chose that one because I love it, it's easy and portable.... (I also kept my 365 days, journal quilt- a 5 to 10 minutes a day project- + a small stitchery).
I decided there is no use feeling sorry. Maybe I'm in a changing step in my life, or simply moving on.
I'm now considering a Seven Sisters quilt, as my next long term project. That pattern has always been one of my favourites. I 'm planning to start it after vacations.(We'll see...). I also ordered a new DMC kit "Museum Patchwork Sampler", to take with me to Italy.
And that's where I am, today : peaceful, happy, with new projects slowly emerging...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !