"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Sunday, April 29, 2007

NEXT ONE WILL BE PERFECT..



If you visit May Britt (Abyquilt), you 'll see that she posted a new tutorial for a cute pincushion. I decided to have a try, and here is the result...
Mind : this is not what you should get, if you follow her instructions properly ! But of course, I had to make a mistake : the light fabric should have been on the top.... how did I manage to get the contrary ???
Anyway I like it, and I really enjoyed doing it, which is what matters, isn't it ? I think it's nice to have a try on tutorials : it's a compliment to the friends who take time to publish them, as well as an encouragement...
My next "test" will be on Darlene's 4-patch tutorial.
Now, back to my Ufo's ! (one week to finish Laura's quilt for her birthday...).
GRATITUDES :
- a wonderful sunny weekend,
- having our meals on the porch,
- big, fresh, salads with BBQ
- new flowers to plant,
- sharing friends, writing tutorials.
THOUGHT OF THE DAY :
" I AM ALWAYS TRYING THAT WHICH I CANNOT DO, IN ORDER THAT I MAY LEARN HOW TO DO IT." Pablo Picasso

11 comments:

  1. I like it too! You know, many flowers (Venus Flytrap etc.) have a darker interior for enticement..as in "come on in and set a spell." So just think of it as an eye pleasing way to zero those pins in a for a landing. And just think how cute it will be once those colorful little pins are poking out like little stamens! I think it is and will be just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next one will be perfect you know:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fine to me! I see no reason why the dark can't be on the top if you so choose. Variety is the spice of life you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely to me! Now, I must rush over to May Britt to see it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks fine - if I made one it would definitely be wonky and mis-shapen so I think getting the colours the wrong way round is ok! Thanks for your comment on my allotment post - I need to tidy the house now so that I can sew! love Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nadine, I love it. It's so cute. I'm going to have to try May Britt's tutorial - it's really an adorable pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks perfect to me! But if you insist, you can just send this one to me! ;o) lol I saw May Britt's tutorial. What a sweetheart she is to share her talents! It's a truly beautifl piece. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravissima.
    Now I'll try to do one.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour Nadine.
    Pour moi c'est perfect. Ou est le probleme? Il a l'aspecte superbe. Salutations de la Catalogne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how it turned out though! It is great! I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !