"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Thursday, March 1, 2007

NICE MAILING, TODAY !



Some time ago, Simonetta (My quilt dream), posted Christmas hexagonal stars, and I told her that I liked them very much..... Look what came in my mailbox, today ! Not only did she give me full explanations, but its a real step-by-step visual lesson, with fabrics cut and sewn at each stage : wonderful !
Thank you, Simonetta !

Now I'm going back to my sewing ("surprise" wall hangings for Easter), as I really would like to catch up and finish them.....

Just in case :

Among my Ufo's, are sleeping twelve lovely Sunbonnet Sue applique blocks, that I made 2 years ago. Since then, I've been looking through the web for a nice assorted backing fabric : cream/beige background, printed with tiny red - or multicolored - little girls - or ideally tiny sunbonnets ! Would any friend among you, possess such treasure in her stash, I'm ready to buy it (+ postage, of course) - I would need 4 yards, at least......... Anyone can dream, especially quilters !

Gratitudes :

- Nice, sharing, quilting friends

- Days getting longer (spring is coming !)

- A trip to Spain by end of March

- Fresh, hot "espresso" coffee, waiting for me

- A nice, easy, hair cut

Thought of the day :

Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans : it's lovely to be silly at the right moment. - Horace -

3 comments:

  1. O h lucky you!
    And I just love your Thought for the day- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful surprise! I can't wait to see what you do with this new information!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fun block and what a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !