"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Monday, March 12, 2007

LET ' GO !.....

(I just love that first photo :" move on ! let's go !" she says, and she seems so confident...)



We decided to spend one day at the Belgian coast, in order to "wash our minds" with some vivid, fresh air, under the pale springy sun of March....

We got up early, at 7.30 (which was quite brave of us, on a Sunday, thank you) and arrived there at 10.00, just like two kids in wonderland . The first thing we did was to take off our shoes and walk in the sand, through the loooong, never ending beach, huming the wind and its marine perfume..... which explains the planturous brunch afterwards ! (lol)

Then we simply walked through the Pier, sat on a bench for a quiet nap in the spring sun.... before having a delicious coffee (with pancakes!).

Some walking again to the shopping area, in order to find some "surprises" for the kids, and it was time already to get to a pretty, small restaurant, where we had seafood.... I was in heaven, and immediately fell asleep in the car, on our way back home, at night...A good Sunday, indeed !

My conclusions :

- thank God, we walked a lot... 'cause we ATE a lot, too !
- I should walk more regularly : it was sometimes painful.
- we should do this more often, of course.

And this, my friends, explains why I have no quilty photo to post tonight .... I'll catch up this week.
GRATITUDES :
- the capacity of still marvelling like a child,
- enjoying the simple pleasures of life,
- just the two of us, and still so much to tell each other,
THOUGHT OF THE DAY :
"LIFE IS OURS TO BE SPENT, NOT TO BE SAVED"
(D.H.LAWRENCE)


13 comments:

  1. Now that is a great day-Wow, he likes walking on the beach AND copes with flying fabric parcels....He's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You described a delicious (and enviable) day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a wonderful day. We can all use those once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a wonderful day! I love days at the beach.
    And I love the final quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nadine, reading your post I feel like be on the coast with you....
    These simple and beautiful days can continue for long to live in our hearts.
    I think like as well that simple moments are the best and that sometimes we have to look the world with children eyes to still understand that it is amazing.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a delightful day *s*

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful day! A great way to wash your mind of all the challenges of life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live on the coast and your post was a reminder that I should at least walk down to the shore more often.

    Truly a day to hold in memory for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog, the basket blocks are from a book called "Women of Design: Quilts in the Newspaper" by Barbara Brackman. The publisher is Kansas City Star Books in the USA. I hope this helps your search.

    Your day on the beach sounded so wonderful and I too loved the "Let's Go" girl, she is so determined.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally came upon your blog- and it is delightful..full of cheeriness and fun...welcome - belately to stash ring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful day you both had.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - does that sound like a perfect day or what! And I love the picture of the coast, oh do I wish I were there right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !