We decided to spend one day at the Belgian coast, in order to "wash our minds" with some vivid, fresh air, under the pale springy sun of March....
We got up early, at 7.30 (which was quite brave of us, on a Sunday, thank you) and arrived there at 10.00, just like two kids in wonderland . The first thing we did was to take off our shoes and walk in the sand, through the loooong, never ending beach, huming the wind and its marine perfume..... which explains the planturous brunch afterwards ! (lol)
Then we simply walked through the Pier, sat on a bench for a quiet nap in the spring sun.... before having a delicious coffee (with pancakes!).
Some walking again to the shopping area, in order to find some "surprises" for the kids, and it was time already to get to a pretty, small restaurant, where we had seafood.... I was in heaven, and immediately fell asleep in the car, on our way back home, at night...A good Sunday, indeed !
My conclusions :
- thank God, we walked a lot... 'cause we ATE a lot, too !
- I should walk more regularly : it was sometimes painful.
- we should do this more often, of course.
And this, my friends, explains why I have no quilty photo to post tonight .... I'll catch up this week.
- the capacity of still marvelling like a child,
- enjoying the simple pleasures of life,
- just the two of us, and still so much to tell each other,
THOUGHT OF THE DAY :
"LIFE IS OURS TO BE SPENT, NOT TO BE SAVED"