"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

APPLIQUE DESIGNS... DILEMNA ...



Well, this week brought some progress on Applique Designs blocks : I made 3 more of them , which brings my total to 7. January being not finished yet, this is a good result......BUT this was too nice !!! As days went by, I couldn't help feeling more & more uncertain about my colors choice... I can't explain it, but you must have experienced the same "trouble". Maybe I'm not in the same color mood ? Each time I passed by the blocks, I thought "nice, but this is not really me !"....

What could I do ? I told about this with May Britt (Abyquilt) this morning, and she said it was time to take the big decision NOW, before making too many blocks and regret it, she even proposed to slow down a bit, so that I could eventually catch up (good girl !).

So I decided to make an additional block, following my instinct, and you can see the result on photo 2.


Now, my friends, I really need your help ! What do you think ? Which way do I go ?

I'm waiting for your (kind) comment....... Decisions, decisions ...........

THANKS !

13 comments:

  1. I love the new color choice better,'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the new colors in the baskets and flowers are definitely my choice! :P I reneged, Nadine, on doing these blocks right now. I just couldn't get into the small pieces. I need big, chunky, scrappy, in-your-face right now. LOL I think May has a point...better change your color scheme now, if you're going to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to be any help at all - I like them both. But neither of them "speak" to me because they aren't what I'd choose. The important thing is which one "speaks" to you? They are your blocks and you have to be happy with your choice as you're going to be making a lot of blocks. If you like the second one better then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good new choice and I think you will feel better working with these colours. Looking through your blog now, this is more like you. When I started my DJ quilt several years ago I regret my choice of background, but I continued. I made about 60 blocks which now are abandoned. So if you feel this is a right choice now, go for it. You make new blocks very fast :) and I can slow down a bit. Perhaps I can finish a ufo now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should change the colours if you feel like it - Now!
    The other blocks you can save for some other time in the future.
    I think you will regret if you don't change, by the sound of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. both are fine but for me your last choice is more lively. If you have changed it means that you were disatisfied and so go on with the second choice. ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you don't like your first choice go with what your heart is telling you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new color choice, but that is probably only because it is closer to mine taste! Does that one feel better to you then the others? Because even the other ones are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only can say to you ( and to every quilter) : Follow your heart and trust your own colorchoice, that is why your quilt is getting your identity !

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like both but you have to be happy with what you decide because you plan to make more blocks.

    As Lucy said for your heart. Whatever you decide i know it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your first choice is nice but if you don't like it, you will not enjoy making next blocks and you are running the risk to put them aside for years... in my opinion, it is better to restart now with news colors which are YOUR colors... You will always find something to do with the first blocks ..it's only my opinion... Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am no help, I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nadine,

    This is exactly the question I struggled with on my 'Road Less Traveled' project. It was nice, OK, but just not me. And I decided to stop before I got more deeply into it. I'm relieved!!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !