Aahhhh, here comes the time of great resolutions ! I spent this morning, making some lists. Actually I made three, but the first and second ones were unrealistic, and I want to keep my promises... (Hey, am I growing a little bit ???)
First of all, I'd like most projects to be made of my stash - with some exceptions, of course.....
Secondly, I've tried to consider each project as a block of the month, or block of the week (divide to conquer !)...
I've also be careful to mix different techniques....
2007 PROJECTS LIST
1. HAND QUILTING
- Darlene's nine patch
- Laura's African quilt (due May 07)
- Christmas quilt
- Dutch Tulips
2. HAND APPLIQUE
- Applique Designs ("My Mother taught me to sew") >>> Challenge with Darlene & May Britt (50 blocks in total, 1 block a week (see photo of my first two blocks)
- Garden Gatherings (Lisa Bongean - Primitive Gatherings -www.backyardquilts.com - just click on "new book added" under the address)
12 blocks in total, one block a month. (see photo above, the fabric on the right will be my background fabric - a Japanese "taupe"). By the way, you should also visit Lisa's website "Primitive Gatherings", it's breathtaking ! I just discovered it 5 minutes ago... (too bad ! ... See how I am ? LOL)
- Dutch Tulips (you certainly have seen them on Lucy's blog - "Quilting with the Past" = I was lucky enough to get that beautiful pattern from Lucy). 16 blocks in total, 1 block a week (8 are ready = photo soon ! )
3. MACHINE PIECING
- A Christmas Quilt (at last!) : I was missing one this year (never made any !) and decided that this Christmas was the last one without a Xmas quilt. If you visit Evelyn's blog (Starfishy), go to April 2007 and you will see a beautiful Whirlyggig. Well Evelyn is kindly sending her pattern to me, and I intend to make it in reds, greens, and goldens, from my stash, on a cream background...
(6 blocks a week, minimum, to finish it in June and then hand quilt it for December)
4. HAND PIECING (very long term project - 2 years at least)
- Hexagons Fantasy (with all my Batiks + black) (setting still "maturing" in my mind)
5. STITCHING (stitchery quilts)
A new passion for me (very addictive !)
- "Spring is here !" from Rickety stitches (remember the pattern that Cynthia - Aussie quilter - had sent to me ?). 1 block a month. First block almost finished (see photo above, the background fabric is not "blue-ish', as it shows, rather marbled beige)
- "Bee an Angel" cushion - a Lynette Anderson pattern - that May Britt has offered to me for Christmas.
- "Mama says" - a Bronwyn Hayes stitchery quilt (wall hanging) - 9 blocks in total (5 to stitch) >>>> 1 block a month.
I sincerely consider all these items as achievable and reasonable projects (though the word "reasonable" is not always fitting with me - LOL - so don't be surprised if I'm kind of "foolish", from time to time !)
However, I do hope, my friends, that you will bring me back to my list if I mention too many other "new" project in 2007 !
- So many beautiful projects to achieve
- Cold weather, warm house
- My friend, Darlene, finally received the parcel I had sent to her (nearly 3 weeks ago !)
- I can hear from here DH laughing in the sitting room
- All bills paid...
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
"I have spent most of my life, worrying about things that never happened" (O.Wilde)
Friday, December 29, 2006
PROJECTS LIST FOR 2007