"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Friday, December 29, 2006

PROJECTS LIST FOR 2007

>




Aahhhh, here comes the time of great resolutions ! I spent this morning, making some lists. Actually I made three, but the first and second ones were unrealistic, and I want to keep my promises... (Hey, am I growing a little bit ???)

First of all, I'd like most projects to be made of my stash - with some exceptions, of course.....
Secondly, I've tried to consider each project as a block of the month, or block of the week (divide to conquer !)...
I've also be careful to mix different techniques....

2007 PROJECTS LIST

****************************

1. HAND QUILTING
----------------------------
- Darlene's nine patch
- Laura's African quilt (due May 07)
- Christmas quilt
- Dutch Tulips

2. HAND APPLIQUE
-----------------------------
- Applique Designs ("My Mother taught me to sew") >>> Challenge with Darlene & May Britt (50 blocks in total, 1 block a week (see photo of my first two blocks)

- Garden Gatherings (Lisa Bongean - Primitive Gatherings -www.backyardquilts.com - just click on "new book added" under the address)
12 blocks in total, one block a month. (see photo above, the fabric on the right will be my background fabric - a Japanese "taupe"). By the way, you should also visit Lisa's website "Primitive Gatherings", it's breathtaking ! I just discovered it 5 minutes ago... (too bad ! ... See how I am ? LOL)

- Dutch Tulips (you certainly have seen them on Lucy's blog - "Quilting with the Past" = I was lucky enough to get that beautiful pattern from Lucy). 16 blocks in total, 1 block a week (8 are ready = photo soon ! )

3. MACHINE PIECING
-------------------------------
- A Christmas Quilt (at last!) : I was missing one this year (never made any !) and decided that this Christmas was the last one without a Xmas quilt. If you visit Evelyn's blog (Starfishy), go to April 2007 and you will see a beautiful Whirlyggig. Well Evelyn is kindly sending her pattern to me, and I intend to make it in reds, greens, and goldens, from my stash, on a cream background...
(6 blocks a week, minimum, to finish it in June and then hand quilt it for December)

4. HAND PIECING (very long term project - 2 years at least)
--------------------------
- Hexagons Fantasy (with all my Batiks + black) (setting still "maturing" in my mind)

5. STITCHING (stitchery quilts)
------------
A new passion for me (very addictive !)

- "Spring is here !" from Rickety stitches (remember the pattern that Cynthia - Aussie quilter - had sent to me ?). 1 block a month. First block almost finished (see photo above, the background fabric is not "blue-ish', as it shows, rather marbled beige)

- "Bee an Angel" cushion - a Lynette Anderson pattern - that May Britt has offered to me for Christmas.

- "Mama says" - a Bronwyn Hayes stitchery quilt (wall hanging) - 9 blocks in total (5 to stitch) >>>> 1 block a month.

VOILA !


I sincerely consider all these items as achievable and reasonable projects (though the word "reasonable" is not always fitting with me - LOL - so don't be surprised if I'm kind of "foolish", from time to time !)

However, I do hope, my friends, that you will bring me back to my list if I mention too many other "new" project in 2007 !

GRATITUDES

- So many beautiful projects to achieve

- Cold weather, warm house

- My friend, Darlene, finally received the parcel I had sent to her (nearly 3 weeks ago !)

- I can hear from here DH laughing in the sitting room

- All bills paid...


THOUGHT OF THE DAY

"I have spent most of my life, worrying about things that never happened" (O.Wilde)


11 comments:

  1. Hey girl, that's a wonderful list you have there for 2007...can you make two of each of them and I'll send you my snail mail addy! LOL I've set aside January 07 to make a Christmas quilt for me. And did you really have to remind us of Primitive Gatherings???? I just went there and could have spent $130 just in a blink. :D Seriously, I love the projects that you have listed, and I'm rooting for you to finish them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you to discard the lists that were "unrealistic". No point in beating yourself up over something that's supposed to be fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on making a list Nadine. HOpe you'll find the goals easy to achieve. You certainly have a good variety of projects to work on so you shouldn't get bored. I'll be watching your progress carefully and i will remind you of this list if you are tempted with any new project. LOL

    I noticed you have begun working on the Spring is Here stitchery. I will look forward to seeing this project progress. Maybe once i have done some of my UFO list for 2007 i'll begin that stitchery also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nadine, you have some lovely projects to look forward to.
    I love the colours on 'My mother taught me to Sew'.

    Good luck with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadine - what a wonderful list of projects. You were very smart to mix a variety of techniques. I'm considering doing the same. Like you I need to make my list a little more realistic - would be very foolish to set myself up to fail.

    Your stitchery project is adorable - I can't wait to see more. And, Applique Delights blocks are beautiful - WooHoo - thanks for posting both blocks!

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a list *s* It's a good idea to mix techniques -- I never quite know what mood I will be in. I began Garden Gatherings last year as a BOM -- I believe I have 4 completed blocks and all the fabrics to finish the top. I hope to get back to it this year and maybe even finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, you think Lisa's website is amazing! You should see her store! I stopped there for the first time about 2 months ago on the way home from a business trip and it was soooo wonderful!

    I can't wait to see your stuff as you progress on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What good of you that you made a list!!!I I am too so scary to do that. ( afraid for the result) And I know I never can hold me on a list ....

    I can't wait to see your tulips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice list. I think I have to be realistic too and make another list than the one I have started. Your projects seems very nice. I love the garden gatherings. Have never seen that before. And I look forward to start our challenge on applique designs. I have 12 blocks finished already so I can take it sloooooow in the start.

    I wish you a happy new year.And look forward to our challenge and giggles in 2007. A big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Garden Gatherings is such a pretty quilt. I love the applique blocks you have already done as well. Seems like a pretty reasonable list you have there. Good luck with it and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm so glad Darlene's box finally arrived! The bag and stitchery are wonderful! What a relief it must be!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !