"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Friday, December 8, 2006

MY FAVOURITE SPOT...



Whew ... Time flies ! I didn't figure my last post dated 9 days ago ! (Busy, busy bee fo Christmas....)

No quilty photo, today, so I thought I might as well show you my favourite spot (I had been tagged, some weeks ago, but I don't remember who did it....).

This is our sitting room (no sewing room for Nadine), where I usually quilt. See the lamp ? My place is in the couch, with the lamp on my left. I like it, it's comfortable...

Applique and hand piecing are done on the dining room table, whereas machine piecing is done...... on the kitchen table ! (Do I need to say that my quilts, stash and quilt books are stored in our bedroom ?)>>>>DH says I'm "squatting" the whole house. Well, he's right (for once !)... what else can I say ?

Anyway, one day I'll have my own sewing room. When there will only be the two of us at home, there will be three free bedrooms.... and I bet I'll keep my old habits ! (lol)

Gratitudes

Stormy weather ouside, and cosy by the fireplace...

Lovely mails from friends

I made a fuit cake.... and succeeded !

I worked hard at housekeeping today : the house smells wax and I love it ...

Tomorrow, we're going to the Brussels Christmas Market.


12 comments:

  1. You got a nice spot to quilt. Please remember to bring your camera to take photos from the market. I guess it is a christmas market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a nice comfy spot to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Brussels Christmas Market sounds like a lot of fun. We went to a market (notCHristmas though) in Brugge one time and I got a beautiful handmade lace collar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee, hee Nadine - you made me chuckle. We have two spare bedrooms now that both kids are gone, and I've completely taken over both of them. Plus three bookcases in the computer room for my quilt books. And all the extra space in the bathroom upstairs for storage shelves and my serger. As well as the recliner in the family room where I do all my handwork. There isn't much of the house that my quilting hasn't spilled over into in some way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very comfortable looking spot.

    Ohhh the Brussels Christmas market - I bet that would be a great place to go!! Can I come??

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may just keep your habits, Nadine...for old habits die hard. But...you may also just be an inhabitant of those three rooms as well!!!

    Your Christmas Market sounds fantastic. Do tell...please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nadine, just popping in to say "hi" and see what you are up to. What a lovely spot you have to sit and quilt...*VBS* It looks very comfortable and homey. And spreading out all through the house is a good idea. Keeps them from knowing how much you have of "things" *G*

    I really like your Oldie shown below. I'm quite found of GFG quilts..*VBS* and yours is a beauty! Hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your spot, my friend - soon you'll take over the whole house. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. your favourite spot looks so comfortable. Maybe too comfortable as i would probably fall asleep. LOL
    Have fun at the Christmas market tomorrow and please tell us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cosy little spot, wish I was going to the Brussels market with you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always got the most sewing done at the kitchen table! I've had sewing rooms and don't like the isolation - and also I accumulated so much stuff I didn't really know what I had anymore. In my winter apartment I sew in the living room and have a NEW kitchen counter to cut on! I just like being in the center of things, I guess. Your place looks perfect!

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sew in my living room as well - no sewing room here either. Thanks for sharing the Christmas market too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !