"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Thursday, November 16, 2006

AFRICAN QUILT - ROUNDS 2 AND 3.

Question : what is "optimism" for you ??
Nadine : well, optimism is create a center medallion square, for a rectangular quilt !

See what I mean ? Sooooo, I rumaged around this center square, with the beautiful applique flowers I had prepared and I didn't like the result. The "movement" was broken. Actually, the solution was just under my nose : let the fabrics "speak", use them as they are, let them take the commands ! (Why make complicate, when you can simplify ?)

I agree, finally it was easy.

I had also made some applique squares, which I could use for round three.

Up to now the result is pleasing me...


Next step : circles on brown background for top and bottom borders.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Nadine, it's looking so beautiful!! I just love how those circles are like windows into another life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you are doing with this, Nadine!!! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I'm loving it! and the 2 border fabrics for the top and bottom were PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Nadine, it's beautiful. Laura is truly going to love what you're doing. What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is growing so beautiful. Your DD is going to love it. How big are you going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is just lovely Nadine, well done!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking soooo great!! Love it. It really speaks of Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yoru are using these fabrics so well to enhance their beauty. I can't wait to see the circles go on. t

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a quick note. I had computerproblems and I lost "my favourites"... I am happy to find you again! Need to catch up your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect solution, Nadine!!! This is looking so fabulous...I think I'm enjoying it just as much (or more?) as you and Laura are! It truly is an inspiring process to watch...keep us posted with every stitch that you take!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this quilt is coming along so nicely Nadine. I'm sure your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a special and good looking quilt Nadine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nadine, this is truly an astounding quilt! What incredible fabric, and you are doing the perfect job of "letting it speak for itself". What a wonderful tribute to these people!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness - what an eye you have for color and design. This is beautiful! And the circles/windows are an amazing response to what the quilt is 'saying'. Your work is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nadine, I am behind in reading posts, and your African quilt is so incredibly beautiful. You did a great job on it. Makes me want to run out and find all those fabrics so I can make one of my own.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !