Tuesday, October 31, 2006
A VERY SPECIAL PROJECT...
My youngest daughter, Laura (18) has always loved birthdays. No only hers, but ALL birthdays in the family. She is a "walking calendar"....
Yesterday afternoon, we were quietly talking together, sipping coffee in the kitchen. exchanging some "women secrets"....
The conversation turned to the next birthday to be celebrated :
- the next one is yours, mum. You're the last in the year.
- Aha.... And then, you'll be the first next year, darling.
- I know, I know..... (she looked quite "bizarre", with a strange smile on her face)
- Are you trying to tell me you ALREADY know what you want to get ?
- Well, I'd better, mum : 'cause I'd like a QUILT !
(Oh, my God, oh my God ! ... AT LAST, one of my children asks for a quilt !... Up to now, I was quite devotionally piling them in a nice cupboard, waiting patiently for such a request... And THE day had come ! Praise the Lord ! )
- Would you like to choose one in the cupboard, darling ?
- Nooooooo : I'd like something VERY special : an African quilt ! And I want it all designed by you...
(Oh my God, oh my God ! Why are you doing this to me ? I've got about 15 beloved and ready quilts (not speaking about the UFO's -and she wants another one !)
- Aha, African ? Of course, darling, no problem ! (you know how mothers are... and you begin knowing me, too).
- Shall we go this Saturday to the fabric shop ? You know it takes some months for you to hand quilt it !
- For sure, baby, my pleasure !......
And a BIG pleasure (and challenge) it will be !
I had a difficult night : turning and turning myself in bed, hearing tam-tams, seeing bright colours, etc..... Strangely, I felt VERY good this morning. Actually I was thrilled and proud !
My conclusion is this : NEVER refuse an unexpected project. It could be the present of an angel ! (... and she's an angel!)
Unexpected projects !
Publié par Nadine à l'adresse 8:23 AM